Re: [FSP] Constitutional rights vs. public safety? Not!

  • Robert P. Hull
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
      So, you expect your letter to be printed, with that "Attorney Note"
      attached to the letter. :)

      Bob

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 2, 2004
        Not at all. Have at it. I hope lots of other people respond to it.
        I guess I should mention that the FSP as an organization doesn't take
        positions on pending legislation, nor should it. However, individual
        members, such as myself, are free to be as activist as they want. ---Tim Condon

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 2, 2004
          Maybe, Bob...and maybe not. It's important, however, for everyone
          to know that I'm speaking for myself and not for the Free State Project as
          an organization; that's why I put on my own signature-line for such things.
          ---Tim C.

          At 03:43 PM 4/1/2004 -0500, you wrote:
          >So, you expect your letter to be printed, with that "Attorney Note"
          >attached to the letter. :)
          >Bob
          >

          >On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 09:34:41AM -0500, Tim Condon wrote:
          > > To the editor of the Union Leader: In your news article
          > yesterday,
          > > "Concealed weapons make for hot debate," the opening sentence said that
          > > "Constitutional rights came up against public safety." Nothing could be
          > > farther from the truth! It should have read "Constitutional rights AND
          > > public safety...came up against bureaucracy and unnecessary police power
          > > yesterday." As anyone from Vermont or Alaska can tell us, the safest
          > states
          > > are those where the citizens are armed. I'm not a resident of New
          > Hampshire
          > > yet---I'm going to move there as soon as possible with the rest of the
          > Free
          > > State Project members---but I can tell you that retaining unnecessary
          > > bureaucratic barriers to exercising one's right to keep and bear personal
          > > defense weapons amounts to "mandatory victim disarmament" law. Shame on
          > > those who advocate it.
          > >
          > > ------- Timothy Condon, Attorney at Law -------
          > > P.O. Box 1007, Tampa, FL 33601 O: 813-251-2626
          > > Fax: 813-254-2979 -- Email: tim@...
          > > NOTE: This message is being sent by or on behalf of an attorney at law,
          > and
          > > is intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity to which it
          > > is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information. If
          > > you are not the named addressee or an employee or agent responsible for
          > > delivering this message to the named addressee, you are not authorized to
          > > read, retain, print, copy, or disseminate this message or any part of
          > > it. If you received this email in error, please immediately notify
          > Timothy
          > > Condon at 813-251-2626 and delete all copies of the message.

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Alan R. Weiss
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 2, 2004
            This is your Obligatory and Necessary Weekly Reminder to please use
            the Free State Project Message Boards for discussion, and reduce your
            high-caloric intake of Yahoo Groups messages.

            :-)

            This message brought to you by The FSP-Do-ers. IF you want to find
            out how you can join those who DO, rather than just SAY, contact Dave
            Mincin, Volunteer Coordinator. If you want to help in Fundraising,
            contact Lisa Goodwin. You can find both these outstanding Porcupines
            on the FSP Message Boards on the FSP Website:

            http://www.freestateproject.org

            Alan R. Weiss
            FSP Member
          • Adam W. Gonnerman
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 3, 2004
              Oh ya, I'm outta here.

              Adam G.

              This is your Obligatory and Necessary Weekly Reminder to please use
              the Free State Project Message Boards for discussion, and reduce your
              high-caloric intake of Yahoo Groups messages.

              :-)

              This message brought to you by The FSP-Do-ers. IF you want to find
              out how you can join those who DO, rather than just SAY, contact Dave
              Mincin, Volunteer Coordinator. If you want to help in Fundraising,
              contact Lisa Goodwin. You can find both these outstanding Porcupines
              on the FSP Message Boards on the FSP Website:

              http://www.freestateproject.org

              Alan R. Weiss
              FSP Member

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            • Alan Robert Weiss
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 4, 2004
                <shrug>

                No hard feelings. Come back when you feel better.

                Alan R. Weiss
                President and CEO
                ECL - EEMBC Certification Laboratories, and Synchromesh Computing
                6507 Jester Blvd, Suite 511, Austin, Texas 78750 USA
                Voice: 512-219-0302 Fax: 512-219-0402
                Mobile: 512-845-1305 Text: mailto:5128451305@...
                email: mailto:alan@... mailto:alan@...
                ECL: http://www.ebenchmarks.com EEMBC: http://www.eembc.org
                Synchromesh Computing: http://www.synchromeshcomputing.com

                ECL: EEMBC Benchmark Certifications, Benchmark Development, Support

                Synchromesh Computing: Benchmark Studies, Software Testing,
                Product Analysis (Impressions and Consulting), Development Services

                This message is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original message.