Re: [FSP] Constitutional rights vs. public safety? Not!

  • Lady Liberty
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
      on 4/1/04 10:34 AM, Tim Condon at tim@... wrote:

      > To the editor of the Union Leader: In your news article yesterday,
      > "Concealed weapons make for hot debate," the opening sentence said that
      > "Constitutional rights came up against public safety." Nothing could be
      > farther from the truth! It should have read "Constitutional rights AND
      > public safety...came up against bureaucracy and unnecessary police power
      > yesterday." As anyone from Vermont or Alaska can tell us, the safest states
      > are those where the citizens are armed. I'm not a resident of New Hampshire
      > yet---I'm going to move there as soon as possible with the rest of the Free
      > State Project members---but I can tell you that retaining unnecessary
      > bureaucratic barriers to exercising one's right to keep and bear personal
      > defense weapons amounts to "mandatory victim disarmament" law. Shame on
      > those who advocate it.

      Tim, I've linked my Second Amendment page to the Union Leader article. Would
      you mind if I added your response to it?

      Yours for freedom,
      Lady Liberty

      "The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the
      active, the brave." Patrick Henry
      News, commentary, and a patriotic goodie shoppe.
      Visit http://www.ladylibrty.com today!
    • Robert P. Hull
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
        So, you expect your letter to be printed, with that "Attorney Note"
        attached to the letter. :)

        Bob

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 2, 2004
          Not at all. Have at it. I hope lots of other people respond to it.
          I guess I should mention that the FSP as an organization doesn't take
          positions on pending legislation, nor should it. However, individual
          members, such as myself, are free to be as activist as they want. ---Tim Condon

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 2, 2004
            Maybe, Bob...and maybe not. It's important, however, for everyone
            to know that I'm speaking for myself and not for the Free State Project as
            an organization; that's why I put on my own signature-line for such things.
            ---Tim C.

            At 03:43 PM 4/1/2004 -0500, you wrote:
            >So, you expect your letter to be printed, with that "Attorney Note"
            >attached to the letter. :)
            >Bob
            >

            >On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 09:34:41AM -0500, Tim Condon wrote:
            > > To the editor of the Union Leader: In your news article
            > yesterday,
            > > "Concealed weapons make for hot debate," the opening sentence said that
            > > "Constitutional rights came up against public safety." Nothing could be
            > > farther from the truth! It should have read "Constitutional rights AND
            > > public safety...came up against bureaucracy and unnecessary police power
            > > yesterday." As anyone from Vermont or Alaska can tell us, the safest
            > states
            > > are those where the citizens are armed. I'm not a resident of New
            > Hampshire
            > > yet---I'm going to move there as soon as possible with the rest of the
            > Free
            > > State Project members---but I can tell you that retaining unnecessary
            > > bureaucratic barriers to exercising one's right to keep and bear personal
            > > defense weapons amounts to "mandatory victim disarmament" law. Shame on
            > > those who advocate it.
            > >
            > > ------- Timothy Condon, Attorney at Law -------
            > > P.O. Box 1007, Tampa, FL 33601 O: 813-251-2626
            > > Fax: 813-254-2979 -- Email: tim@...
            > > NOTE: This message is being sent by or on behalf of an attorney at law,
            > and
            > > is intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity to which it
            > > is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information. If
            > > you are not the named addressee or an employee or agent responsible for
            > > delivering this message to the named addressee, you are not authorized to
            > > read, retain, print, copy, or disseminate this message or any part of
            > > it. If you received this email in error, please immediately notify
            > Timothy
            > > Condon at 813-251-2626 and delete all copies of the message.

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links
            > >

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Alan R. Weiss
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 2, 2004
              This is your Obligatory and Necessary Weekly Reminder to please use
              the Free State Project Message Boards for discussion, and reduce your
              high-caloric intake of Yahoo Groups messages.

              :-)

              This message brought to you by The FSP-Do-ers. IF you want to find
              out how you can join those who DO, rather than just SAY, contact Dave
              Mincin, Volunteer Coordinator. If you want to help in Fundraising,
              contact Lisa Goodwin. You can find both these outstanding Porcupines
              on the FSP Message Boards on the FSP Website:

              http://www.freestateproject.org

              Alan R. Weiss
              FSP Member
            • Adam W. Gonnerman
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 3, 2004
                Oh ya, I'm outta here.

                Adam G.

                This is your Obligatory and Necessary Weekly Reminder to please use
                the Free State Project Message Boards for discussion, and reduce your
                high-caloric intake of Yahoo Groups messages.

                :-)

                This message brought to you by The FSP-Do-ers. IF you want to find
                out how you can join those who DO, rather than just SAY, contact Dave
                Mincin, Volunteer Coordinator. If you want to help in Fundraising,
                contact Lisa Goodwin. You can find both these outstanding Porcupines
                on the FSP Message Boards on the FSP Website:

                http://www.freestateproject.org

                Alan R. Weiss
                FSP Member

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              • Alan Robert Weiss
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 4, 2004
                  <shrug>

                  No hard feelings. Come back when you feel better.

                  Alan R. Weiss
                  President and CEO
                  ECL - EEMBC Certification Laboratories, and Synchromesh Computing
                  6507 Jester Blvd, Suite 511, Austin, Texas 78750 USA
                  Voice: 512-219-0302 Fax: 512-219-0402
                  Mobile: 512-845-1305 Text: mailto:5128451305@...
                  email: mailto:alan@... mailto:alan@...
                  ECL: http://www.ebenchmarks.com EEMBC: http://www.eembc.org
                  Synchromesh Computing: http://www.synchromeshcomputing.com

                  ECL: EEMBC Benchmark Certifications, Benchmark Development, Support

                  Synchromesh Computing: Benchmark Studies, Software Testing,
                  Product Analysis (Impressions and Consulting), Development Services

                  This message is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original message.