Constitutional rights vs. public safety? Not!

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
      To the editor of the Union Leader: In your news article yesterday,
      "Concealed weapons make for hot debate," the opening sentence said that
      "Constitutional rights came up against public safety." Nothing could be
      farther from the truth! It should have read "Constitutional rights AND
      public safety...came up against bureaucracy and unnecessary police power
      yesterday." As anyone from Vermont or Alaska can tell us, the safest states
      are those where the citizens are armed. I'm not a resident of New Hampshire
      yet---I'm going to move there as soon as possible with the rest of the Free
      State Project members---but I can tell you that retaining unnecessary
      bureaucratic barriers to exercising one's right to keep and bear personal
      defense weapons amounts to "mandatory victim disarmament" law. Shame on
      those who advocate it.

      ------- Timothy Condon, Attorney at Law -------
      P.O. Box 1007, Tampa, FL 33601 O: 813-251-2626
      Fax: 813-254-2979 -- Email: tim@...
      NOTE: This message is being sent by or on behalf of an attorney at law, and
      is intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity to which it
      is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information. If
      you are not the named addressee or an employee or agent responsible for
      delivering this message to the named addressee, you are not authorized to
      read, retain, print, copy, or disseminate this message or any part of
      it. If you received this email in error, please immediately notify Timothy
      Condon at 813-251-2626 and delete all copies of the message.

    • Lady Liberty
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
        on 4/1/04 10:34 AM, Tim Condon at tim@... wrote:

        > To the editor of the Union Leader: In your news article yesterday,
        > "Concealed weapons make for hot debate," the opening sentence said that
        > "Constitutional rights came up against public safety." Nothing could be
        > farther from the truth! It should have read "Constitutional rights AND
        > public safety...came up against bureaucracy and unnecessary police power
        > yesterday." As anyone from Vermont or Alaska can tell us, the safest states
        > are those where the citizens are armed. I'm not a resident of New Hampshire
        > yet---I'm going to move there as soon as possible with the rest of the Free
        > State Project members---but I can tell you that retaining unnecessary
        > bureaucratic barriers to exercising one's right to keep and bear personal
        > defense weapons amounts to "mandatory victim disarmament" law. Shame on
        > those who advocate it.

        Tim, I've linked my Second Amendment page to the Union Leader article. Would
        you mind if I added your response to it?

        Yours for freedom,
        Lady Liberty

        "The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the
        active, the brave." Patrick Henry
        News, commentary, and a patriotic goodie shoppe.
        Visit http://www.ladylibrty.com today!
      • Robert P. Hull
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
          So, you expect your letter to be printed, with that "Attorney Note"
          attached to the letter. :)

          Bob

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 2, 2004
            Not at all. Have at it. I hope lots of other people respond to it.
            I guess I should mention that the FSP as an organization doesn't take
            positions on pending legislation, nor should it. However, individual
            members, such as myself, are free to be as activist as they want. ---Tim Condon

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 2, 2004
              Maybe, Bob...and maybe not. It's important, however, for everyone
              to know that I'm speaking for myself and not for the Free State Project as
              an organization; that's why I put on my own signature-line for such things.
              ---Tim C.

              At 03:43 PM 4/1/2004 -0500, you wrote:
              >So, you expect your letter to be printed, with that "Attorney Note"
              >attached to the letter. :)
              >Bob
              >

              >On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 09:34:41AM -0500, Tim Condon wrote:
              > > To the editor of the Union Leader: In your news article
              > yesterday,
              > > "Concealed weapons make for hot debate," the opening sentence said that
              > > "Constitutional rights came up against public safety." Nothing could be
              > > farther from the truth! It should have read "Constitutional rights AND
              > > public safety...came up against bureaucracy and unnecessary police power
              > > yesterday." As anyone from Vermont or Alaska can tell us, the safest
              > states
              > > are those where the citizens are armed. I'm not a resident of New
              > Hampshire
              > > yet---I'm going to move there as soon as possible with the rest of the
              > Free
              > > State Project members---but I can tell you that retaining unnecessary
              > > bureaucratic barriers to exercising one's right to keep and bear personal
              > > defense weapons amounts to "mandatory victim disarmament" law. Shame on
              > > those who advocate it.
              > >
              > > ------- Timothy Condon, Attorney at Law -------
              > > P.O. Box 1007, Tampa, FL 33601 O: 813-251-2626
              > > Fax: 813-254-2979 -- Email: tim@...
              > > NOTE: This message is being sent by or on behalf of an attorney at law,
              > and
              > > is intended for the exclusive use of the individual or entity to which it
              > > is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information. If
              > > you are not the named addressee or an employee or agent responsible for
              > > delivering this message to the named addressee, you are not authorized to
              > > read, retain, print, copy, or disseminate this message or any part of
              > > it. If you received this email in error, please immediately notify
              > Timothy
              > > Condon at 813-251-2626 and delete all copies of the message.

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links
              > >

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Alan R. Weiss
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 2, 2004
                This is your Obligatory and Necessary Weekly Reminder to please use
                the Free State Project Message Boards for discussion, and reduce your
                high-caloric intake of Yahoo Groups messages.

                :-)

                This message brought to you by The FSP-Do-ers. IF you want to find
                out how you can join those who DO, rather than just SAY, contact Dave
                Mincin, Volunteer Coordinator. If you want to help in Fundraising,
                contact Lisa Goodwin. You can find both these outstanding Porcupines
                on the FSP Message Boards on the FSP Website:

                http://www.freestateproject.org

                Alan R. Weiss
                FSP Member
              • Adam W. Gonnerman
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 3, 2004
                  Oh ya, I'm outta here.

                  Adam G.

                  This is your Obligatory and Necessary Weekly Reminder to please use
                  the Free State Project Message Boards for discussion, and reduce your
                  high-caloric intake of Yahoo Groups messages.

                  :-)

                  This message brought to you by The FSP-Do-ers. IF you want to find
                  out how you can join those who DO, rather than just SAY, contact Dave
                  Mincin, Volunteer Coordinator. If you want to help in Fundraising,
                  contact Lisa Goodwin. You can find both these outstanding Porcupines
                  on the FSP Message Boards on the FSP Website:

                  http://www.freestateproject.org

                  Alan R. Weiss
                  FSP Member

                  Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                • Alan Robert Weiss
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 4, 2004
                    <shrug>

                    No hard feelings. Come back when you feel better.

                    Alan R. Weiss
                    President and CEO
                    ECL - EEMBC Certification Laboratories, and Synchromesh Computing
                    6507 Jester Blvd, Suite 511, Austin, Texas 78750 USA
                    Voice: 512-219-0302 Fax: 512-219-0402
                    Mobile: 512-845-1305 Text: mailto:5128451305@...
                    email: mailto:alan@... mailto:alan@...
                    ECL: http://www.ebenchmarks.com EEMBC: http://www.eembc.org
                    Synchromesh Computing: http://www.synchromeshcomputing.com

                    ECL: EEMBC Benchmark Certifications, Benchmark Development, Support

                    Synchromesh Computing: Benchmark Studies, Software Testing,
                    Product Analysis (Impressions and Consulting), Development Services

                    This message is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original message.