FSP's 2004 Advertising Schedule and Budget

  • Doug H.
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2004
      I asked our Advertising Coordinator, Amy Finstad to prepare an advertising
      budget and schedule for 2004.

      It is below and it looks great.

      I will ask her to begin implementation immediately.

      Regards,
      Doug Hillman

      In 2003, the FSP spent approximately $6,780 on advertising in print and
      online...not including some grassroot support. The 2004 budget looks to be
      around $10,000. Kelton, Doug and I have discussed the need to get the
      Project's name out in front of as many people as possible within our budget.
      Therefore, when researching media placement opportunities I payed special
      attention to the number of impressions [how many people + the frequency of
      viewing] we could get in each buy.

      I've split the budget into General Brand Support, Issues, and an
      "Opportunities" budget that will allow us to move dollars around to hit the
      outlets that are giving us the best results.

      Here's a breakdown of where we're looking to place our advertising dollars:

      GENERAL BRAND PLACEMENTS: $4,344
      Reason Magazine: $2,744
      [print, online banners, newsletter insertions]
      4 months placement [May, June, July, August/September]
      1/3 page [2.27 x 9.33], black and white
      $611/ad for 4x placement (55,000 per month readership)
      100 x 100 button on website (1,000,000 per month)
      $75/placement in newsletter (8,000 circulation)
      Impressions: 1,088,000 per month x 4 = 4,272,000

      Insight Magazine: $1,600
      468 x 60 (150,000 unique visitors per month)
      $500/banner ad placement
      $300/placement in newsletter (6,000 circulation)
      Impressions: 312,000 potential
      Recommended Placement: March 2004

      ISSUE PLACEMENTS: $2,036
      Home School Legal Defense Association: $300*
      468 x 60 + URL/50 character text link
      3 ad slots in one calendar month
      Impressions: Varied. [Weighted percentage / 22,250/day]
      Recommended Placement: March 2004
      *Varrin Swearingen has already donated $ for this placement

      Natthan News: $800
      Back cover [9.5 x 6.75], black and white
      $500 for 1x placement (5,000 per month readership)
      Internet link included in print price (6,000 unique visitors/mo.)
      $50/month x 6 classified ad with logo link on advertisers' page
      Impressions: 47,000 total
      Recommended Placement: August 2004

      keepandbeararms. com: $300
      468 x 60 banner, top position, run of site
      1 ad slot in one calendar month
      Impressions: Varied. [Weighted percentage / 10,000 guaranteed]
      Recommended Placement: May 2004

      Liberty Magazine: $336

      Cannibus Culture: $300

      OPPORTUNITY BUDGET: $3,620
      This portion of the budget would be used to address advertising
      opportunities as they arise throughout the year. By setting a portion of the
      budget back, we'll have the flexibility to adjust our strategy to move
      dollars to what's working.