NH House Bill Seeks to Restore Gold and Silver Deposits [a.k.a The Sound Money Bill]

  • TAX FREEDOM 101
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2004
      Subject: NH House Bill Seeks to Restore Gold and Silver Deposits [a.k.a The
      Sound Money Bill]
      February 2nd, 2004 - A Tax Freedom 101 Discussion and Alert News Piece

      "HB1342 seeks to provide stability to the wealth of New Hampshire residents
      by creating a way for the citizens of New Hampshire, through the State
      government, to choose to save and store all or some of their wealth in gold
      and silver, instead of dollars (aka, Federal Reserve Notes)." - NH
      Representative Dave Buhlman

      To read the full story and 20 Questions and Answers on the sound money bill
      visit:
      http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=36089

      Story Notes of Interest

      1. NH Rep. Dave Buhlman, an Independent Representative for the
      Save-A-Patriot Fellowship will be a special guest speaker at this year's
      2004 Convention. Details here:
      http://www.taxfreedom101.com/events/convention2004.htm.
      2. Dr. Edwin Viera the monetary expert was instrumental in the design this
      sound money bill.
      3. New Hampshire was the Free State Project's state of choice:
      http://www.freestateproject.org
      4. A press conference in the lobby of the Legislative Office Building will
      be held (behind the State House) this Monday, February 2, 2004, at 10 AM.
      Congressman Ron Paul of Texas may be able to participate via telephone
      connection.

      The latest full issue of...
      The Tax Freedom 101 Report
      ...is available here:
      http://www.taxfreedom101.com/ezines/040123.htm

      Wishing you a sound-money day,
      Tax Freedom 101
    • tanstaafl_bh
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10, 2004
        > "HB1342 seeks to provide stability to the wealth of New Hampshire residents
        > by creating a way for the citizens of New Hampshire, through the State
        > government, to choose to save and store all or some of their wealth in gold
        > and silver, instead of dollars (aka, Federal Reserve Notes)." - NH
        > Representative Dave Buhlman

        I don't get it...

        Anyone can do this now... so what's the point of this bill?

        Charles
      • Mike Lorrey
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 10, 2004
          --- tanstaafl_bh <tanstaafl_bh@...> wrote:
          > > "HB1342 seeks to provide stability to the wealth of New Hampshire
          > residents
          > > by creating a way for the citizens of New Hampshire, through the
          > State
          > > government, to choose to save and store all or some of their wealth
          > in gold
          > > and silver, instead of dollars (aka, Federal Reserve Notes)." - NH
          > > Representative Dave Buhlman
          >
          > I don't get it...
          >
          > Anyone can do this now... so what's the point of this bill?

          The author you quote gets the purpose of the bill wrong. The Bill
          creates a NH currency (of questionable constitutional validity) as
          coin, and orders that the government must accept payments for taxes and
          other fees in it, as well as pay government employees in it if they
          choose to accept it.

          =====
          Mike Lorrey
          - Gen. John Stark