Re: [FSP] Full-Page Ad in USA Today -- Will You Contribute?

  • Pat
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2004
      Hi,
      I read the original post as an ad for recruitment, not fundraising.
      Was I wrong?

      Pat
      --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, odellndc@a... wrote:
      > Hi this is Odell Huff, I've been raising money in the free-market
      movement for ten years (IHS, LEC, GLIL, CSE). I don't wish to start
      too much of a debate, but I don't recommend the full page ad idea as
      a fundraising tool. For that amount of money--actually, much less--we
      could do direct mail or even hire a full-time fundraiser. FSP has the
      potential to raise significant funds from individuals, but an ad in
      USA Today is neither leveraged nor targeted. Rather, let's use the
      Internet to raise money for a direct mail campaign--keeping in mind
      that this is an election year. In any event, we shouldn't try to
      raise much money until a leader has articulated a vision for what X
      is.