RE: [FSP] snapshot poll: returned your ballot?

  • Rick LaPoint
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 9, 2003
      How do we vote if we don't use the forum?

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 10, 2003
        <<This topic doesn't exist on this board.>>

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 10, 2003
          On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Jan Eiland wrote:

          > <<This topic doesn't exist on this board.>>

          The line broke so that you have to paste it together - what you can do
          otherwise is just go to forum.freestateproject.org and click on the
          "General FSP Discussion" board, and it's the first topic. If you really
          don't want to use the forum, you can post your response here.

          Jason P Sorens - jason.sorensATyale.edu - <http://pantheon.yale.edu/~jps35>

          <http://www.freestateproject.org> - Do you want liberty in your lifetime?
        • freeutahns
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 10, 2003
            I returned my ballot.

            How do we verify that it was counted? I recall some mention of this
            process, but I could not find it on the FSP website.

            [Well, the ultimate way to verify will be to check the spreadsheet posted to the FSP website after 9/22 - hopefully on the night of 9/22. But we'll also send an email to people whose ballots we've received on 9/15. --JPS]
          • Lady Liberty
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 10, 2003
              A couple of weeks ago, one of my editorial commentaries mentioned Wicca
              peripherally. (For those of you interested in reading the whole thing,
              it's archived at
              http://www.ladylibrty.com/archives_ov_1st_amend_03.html#im_right_youre_wrong.
              ) As a result, I've been positively INUNDATED with e-mails from witches,
              99.9% of which have been extremely positive.

              In my experience (I've known a few practicing witches), these people are
              very much "live and let live" in their attitude. I think they'd be very
              much appreciative of a place where their freedom of religion was as
              respected as any other! I do know that the Wiccan patriots out there are
              VERY unhappy with the "typical" pro-freedom groups which seem to be
              quite outspokenly Christian in nature. Many would likely be quite
              pleased to know more about a group like ours. Anyway, it's a thought...

              Yours for freedom,
              Lady Liberty
              "The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the
              active, the brave." Patrick Henry
              Freedom in our lifetime! Join the Free State Project.
              http://www.freestateproject.org
              News, commentary, and a patriotic goodie shoppe.
              Visit http://www.ladylibrty.com today!
            • Mary Lou Seymour
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 10, 2003
                The Wiccan Rede: An it harm none, do as ye will.
                Very libertarian.

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 11, 2003
                  The Wiccan Rede: An it harm none, do as ye will.
                  Very libertarian

                  On 10 Sep 2003 at 20:52, Lady Liberty wrote:

                  > A couple of weeks ago, one of my editorial commentaries mentioned
                  > Wicca peripherally. (For those of you interested in reading the whole
                  > thing, it's archived at
                  > http://www.ladylibrty.com/archives_ov_1st_amend_03.html#im_right_youre
                  > _wrong. ) As a result, I've been positively INUNDATED with e-mails
                  > from witches, 99.9% of which have been extremely positive.
                  >
                  > In my experience (I've known a few practicing witches), these people
                  > are very much "live and let live" in their attitude. I think they'd be
                  > very much appreciative of a place where their freedom of religion was
                  > as respected as any other! I do know that the Wiccan patriots out
                  > there are VERY unhappy with the "typical" pro-freedom groups which
                  > seem to be quite outspokenly Christian in nature. Many would likely be
                  > quite pleased to know more about a group like ours. Anyway, it's a
                  > thought...
                  >
                  > Yours for freedom,
                  > Lady Liberty
                  > "The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant,
                  > the active, the brave." Patrick Henry
                  > --------------------------------------------------------- Freedom in
                  > our lifetime! Join the Free State Project.
                  > http://www.freestateproject.org
                  > --------------------------------------------------------- News,
                  > commentary, and a patriotic goodie shoppe. Visit
                  > http://www.ladylibrty.com today!

                  > ---------------------~--> Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your
                  > HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders
                  > $50 or more to the US & Canada.
                  > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
                  > http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/XgSolB/TM

                • Dave Hitt
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 11, 2003
                    It goes back to what we were discussing before - the nature of the
                    beast. Christian Fundamentalism is incompatible with capital L
                    Libertarianism. The core principles of the religion require humbly bowing
                    to authority. Christ referred to his followers as sheep, and that was a
                    complement! Being a Fundamentals Christian Libertarian is like being a
                    Fundamentalist Christian Atheist - the two philosophy are completely
                    incomparable. Fundamentalism is statist at its very core.

                    Wicca, OTOH, is libertarian at it's core. It does not seek converts, and
                    makes no attempt to force others to accept it's principles or beliefs. One
                    of it's basic principles is that anything you do, good or evil, comes back
                    to you three fold. This makes it a very moral religion, but more
                    importantly, makes it unlikely that a Wiccan will try to force you into
                    their lifestyle or beliefs, because they don't want to have that come back
                    to them.

                    If a substantial number of FSPers are Fundamentalist Christians, the
                    project is doomed. Conversely, if it attracts a significant number of
                    Wiccans, that could only be a positive effect. The only negative effect
                    would be public perception ("They're all a bunch of Witches!") but public
                    perception is going to be a problem anyway.

                    At 08:52 PM 9/10/2003 -0400, you wrote:
                    >A couple of weeks ago, one of my editorial commentaries mentioned Wicca
                    >peripherally. (For those of you interested in reading the whole thing,
                    >it's archived at
                    >http://www.ladylibrty.com/archives_ov_1st_amend_03.html#im_right_youre_wrong.
                    >) As a result, I've been positively INUNDATED with e-mails from witches,
                    >99.9% of which have been extremely positive.
                    >
                    >In my experience (I've known a few practicing witches), these people are
                    >very much "live and let live" in their attitude. I think they'd be very
                    >much appreciative of a place where their freedom of religion was as
                    >respected as any other! I do know that the Wiccan patriots out there are
                    >VERY unhappy with the "typical" pro-freedom groups which seem to be
                    >quite outspokenly Christian in nature. Many would likely be quite
                    >pleased to know more about a group like ours. Anyway, it's a thought...
                    >
                    >Yours for freedom,
                    >Lady Liberty
                    >"The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the
                    >active, the brave." Patrick Henry
                    >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    >Freedom in our lifetime! Join the Free State Project.
                    >http://www.freestateproject.org

                  • Doug H.
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 11, 2003
                      [A discussion that probably should be nipped in the bud, as Dave's post really was tangential to forum business. Matt Cheselka is becoming the new moderator and I'm training him how to be tougher (he approved some OT posts earlier today). :) --JPS]

                      Dave,
                      I would try to convince you that a Christian Fundamentalist can be a
                      Libertarian, but it would probably like convincing Jesse Jackson that not
                      all white people are racists.

[...]

                    • Bruce W. Morgan, Jr.
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 11, 2003
                        Claire Wolfe wrote a fun little article called "The Pagans of Hardyville" 4
                        years ago describing these "alternative religion" folks and their tie to
                        libertarianism.

                        http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=14106