VIRUS ALERT: Sobig.F

  • Charles Curley
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2 6:02 AM
      Windows users, please check your systems.

      At least one person on this list has been infected with the Sobig
      virus. Please see
      http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/sobig_f.shtml.

      The reason I suspect that someone on this list is infected is that
      many of these email viruses swipe the address book from a computer,
      and pass it on to other computers it infects. I can't see that anyone
      would have this list's email address in their address book unless they
      were subscribers. Also, I am seeing traffic indicating attempt to send
      to other libertarian lists.

      Obviously return email addresses, etc. can be spoofed, so your
      machines may in fact be clean. None the less, please check it out.

      --

      Charles Curley /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
      Looking for fine software \ / Respect for open standards

      Key fingerprint = CE5C 6645 A45A 64E4 94C0 809C FFF6 4C48 4ECD DFDB