Re: [FSP] my future role

  • Jan Eiland
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2003
      thank you, jason. it's been a ride, eh?
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Jason P Sorens
      To: freestateproject@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2003 4:25 PM
      Subject: [FSP] my future role

      As the ballot mailing letter and upcoming August issue of the Quill
      announce, I'll be resigning as President of the FSP once the vote
      announcement is made (we're thinking of postponing the vote announcement
      to 9/22 or possibly later, and the deadline for returning the ballots to
      9/15, because of the delay in getting the first ones out). I'll remain
      Chairman of the Board. The reason for this is to allow us to get a
      President who lives in our chosen state, which is important for
      credibility and promotional purposes. Also, my career is going to keep me
      this year from giving one-tenth of the time and effort to the FSP that you
      all deserve. Elizabeth will serve as Acting President while the search
      for a new President continues.

      Debra will also be resigning as Treasurer, and remaining on the Board, so
      that we can reincorporate in the chosen state and get someone who can
      handle the accounting aspects of our finances better than Debra is able
      to.

      Another advantage of these changes, and there may be more coming, will be
      that we might be able to rotate some of our best volunteers into
      leadership positions, which I think would be desirable.

      If you need to contact someone in leadership but are not sure whom, please
      write to info@...; Amanda Maxwell is my "assistant" and
      handles all email sent to that address: either forwarding it to the right
      person or responding to it herself.

      Jason P Sorens - jason.sorensATyale.edu - <http://pantheon.yale.edu/~jps35>

      <http://www.freestateproject.org> - Do you want liberty in your lifetime?

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2003
        No doubt it has. It's worth the thought, however, that founding
        and leading this extremely unlikely movement may well do more for Jason's
        career than all the academic positions he'll probably have showed upon him.
        The book's gonna be great...but wait till ya see the *movie*! --Tim C.

        At 04:40 PM 8/3/2003 -0700, you wrote:
        >thank you, jason. it's been a ride, eh?
        >
        > As the ballot mailing letter and upcoming August issue of the Quill
        > announce, I'll be resigning as President of the FSP once the vote
        > announcement is made (we're thinking of postponing the vote announcement
        > to 9/22 or possibly later, and the deadline for returning the ballots to
        > 9/15, because of the delay in getting the first ones out). I'll remain
        > Chairman of the Board. The reason for this is to allow us to get a
        > President who lives in our chosen state, which is important for
        > credibility and promotional purposes. Also, my career is going to keep me
        > this year from giving one-tenth of the time and effort to the FSP that you
        > all deserve. Elizabeth will serve as Acting President while the search
        > for a new President continues.
        >
        > Debra will also be resigning as Treasurer, and remaining on the Board, so
        > that we can reincorporate in the chosen state and get someone who can
        > handle the accounting aspects of our finances better than Debra is able
        > to.
        >
        > Another advantage of these changes, and there may be more coming, will be
        > that we might be able to rotate some of our best volunteers into
        > leadership positions, which I think would be desirable.
        >
        > If you need to contact someone in leadership but are not sure whom, please
        > write to info@...; Amanda Maxwell is my "assistant" and
        > handles all email sent to that address: either forwarding it to the right
        > person or responding to it herself.

        > Jason P Sorens - jason.sorensATyale.edu - <http://pantheon.yale.edu/~jps35>
        >
        > <http://www.freestateproject.org> - Do you want liberty in your lifetime?

      • Eddie
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2003
          Seriously Jason write a book man you will be in fat city and can
          retire and fund this little project on the side. Without Jason as
          our leader what will we do???????? Frankly I am continiously
          astounded by the massive inertia of the FSP. While the leaders have
          worked tirelessly for the cause this has mainly been a self
          propelling movement born out of the ether. I just think it's
          facinating that a group of interested people scattered across the
          country can do something like this. Anyway Jason thanks so much for
          everything you've done you leave some mighty large shoes to fill.
          -Eddie

          --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, Tim Condon <tcondon@f...>

          ______

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/