Re: [FSP] *Issue*of*the*Week*

  • PJ
    Message 1 of 45 , Jun 4 12:47 PM
      Nice post.

      Re : ACLU. Not a single one of the rights they "support" is worth a darn without the Second Amendment. Rather like a body without a skeleton : only theoretically an upright creature.

      [Note: all discussion of the Issue*of*the*Week should take place on other lists. I know it's cumbersome, but that's the way we're set up for now! Thanks! --JPS]
    • Philip Denisch
      Message 45 of 45 , Jul 8, 2004
        <Bang>
        In case you're wondering, that was an echo from the FSP starting gun.
        It went off quite a while ago. That particular echo was heard at the
        conclusion of the state vote (Last October, in case you were asleep).
        Starting gun for what, you ask? Well, my lethargic liberty-lover, the
        start of recruitment! I'm no mathematician, but 6,000 does not equal
        20,000. Now it is true that I personally feel the FSP has succeeded
        in the most important ways (identifying a freer-than-most state,
        focusing the attention of the liberty-minded, and reenergizing the
        freedom-lovers in NH and around the country - dare I say world?), but
        there remains that semi-magical participant count of 20,000. The
        number suggested as needed to keep the liberty bell ringing and to
        even add a few peals.

        Twenty thousand. Quite a few in many ways, but only a drop in the
        bucket to the span of history. But unlike that bucket of water that
        Columbus could have dropped in the ocean way back when that we would
        today find one molecule of in every teaspoon, the porcupines of the
        FSP are like ice-nine. Well, let's call it ice-five and three-
        quarters instead. The porcs won't lock up all of the liberty-minded
        people on the planet into a never-changing paradigm of forced
        freedom, they will instead spread the freedom meme around the state,
        country and world.

        So start running, don't say no one told you when to go. The clock is
        ticking, its ticks and tocks sounding in our hearts and minds,
        crescendoing until we really do grow too old, and fall into that
        silent shade. Reach out to your family, friends, and neighbors and,
        if they are willing to work for freedom, give a pen and sign 'em up.

        I came across a great quote the other day:
        On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions
        who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait, and waiting - died!
        (George W. Cecil)

        K.V.'s Ice-nine: http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/content.asp?Bnum=415
        P.F.'s Time: http://www.pinkfloydonline.com/lyrics/dsotm.html (scroll
        down a little to the song "Time")
        (Tax Dollars at work) "Official government time":
        http://nist.time.gov/

        [Phil's ego is wondering if he'd look good as a bleached blonde and
        apologizing for the rather clumsy sentence structure.]