RE: [FSP] Re: Elizabeth on MSNBC

  • delcomico
    Message 1 of 71 , May 1, 2003
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Zack Bass [mailto:yahoo@...]
      Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 1:20 PM
      To: freestateproject@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [FSP] Re: Elizabeth on MSNBC

      --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, Phyllis <adelaide31@y...>
      wrote:

      > Much of the failure at the polls has been due to the
      > perception that Libertarians are primarily interested in
      > legalizing victimless crimes.

      We can fix that by changing our Principles so that we are in favor of
      puppies and apple pie, and forget the Victimless Crimes.
      Or would you have us keep the Victimless Crime Abolition as a goal,
      and only PRETEND that we favor puppies and apple pie?>>

      The real reason Libertarians lose at the polls is because they lack
      money and political competence, in that order. As with any other Third
      party. In other words, Libertarians are amateurish, and, in the case of
      the Two Party system, "The Fix Is In".

      The smaller scale design of the FSP makes an end run around a lot of
      these problems. It's a good plan.

      Now if we can only figure out what we stand for, we can do something.

      --Kev
    • Mary Lou Seymour
      Message 71 of 71 , May 2, 2003
        And should someone feel moved to take a very EZ action, go to the
        newsletter pg, download the May Quill, print off a few copies and give
        them to your friends (or leave a few in your local library, coffeeshop,
        university, convenience store, laundromat, bus stop, etc. This would
        cost you, oh, a coupla bucks at Kinko's, and, if you simply carry them
        with you on your daily rounds, no time at all.