Re: [FSP] Elizabeth on MSNBC

  • Kelly Setzer
    Message 1 of 71 , May 1, 2003
      On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 02:58:51AM -0400, Gary Snyder wrote:

      > No. I'm saying we shouldn't be trying to recruit 20,000 signees
      > to leave their lives behind by sounding like Republicans. And
      > once we get the numbers and migrate, we needn't conceal our views.

      The most poweful aspect of the FSP is the fact that it is inclusive.
      The standard for membership is simply "freedom-loving". Some of the
      comments I've seen lately are not going to encourage participation by
      people that are on the fringe of Libertarianism. I think there are a
      lot of people looking for a new political home, especially
      disenfranchised Republicans.

      > THIS dialogue isn't a problem. But when your stance that we
      > shouldn't take advantage of an opportunity to comment on drug
      > prohibition on TV is shared by someone in position to make that
      > comment, it's a problem, IMO.

      It seems like a very large contigent of the participants have
      expressed a desire to stay under the radar, as it were. By words and
      deeds, the FSP leadership has demonstrated that all efforts are in
      reaching the membership goals, not towards political action. I don't
      see a problem with what appears to be a growing consensus.

      Kelly
      --
      Go slowly to the entertainments of thy friends, but quickly to their
      misfortunes. --Chilo
      Message 71 of 71 , May 2, 2003
        And should someone feel moved to take a very EZ action, go to the
        newsletter pg, download the May Quill, print off a few copies and give
        them to your friends (or leave a few in your local library, coffeeshop,
        university, convenience store, laundromat, bus stop, etc. This would
        cost you, oh, a coupla bucks at Kinko's, and, if you simply carry them
        with you on your daily rounds, no time at all.