Re: [FSP] Elizabeth on MSNBC

  • Mike Lorrey
    Message 1 of 71 , Apr 30, 2003
      [Letting it through, but let's keep it friendly, Mike. --JPS, YFNM]

      --- Gary Snyder <gary@...> wrote:
      > Jason wrote:
      > >
      > > Yes, but I'd bet 99% of Americans oppose releasing crack and meth
      > dealers
      > > onto the streets, and should we endorse such a policy, we would be
      > dead in
      > > the water.
      >
      > Why?
      >
      > 20,000 is but a fraction of the 1% you cite above.

      I don't think you are getting the point everyone is trying to hammer
      into your skull. Getting 20,000 people to move to the Free State is NOT
      the goal of the FSP. It is merely a strategy.

      Yakking about how great it will be when crack whores and meth addicts
      run free may, as a tactic, achieve the strategy, but it will not
      achieve the end goal.

      The end goal, one more time, is the political transformation of the
      target state into the Free State ONCE:

      a) we've moved 20k people there,
      b) we've elected libertarians to the legislature and other statewide
      offices.

      What you propose only acheives (a). It will utterly impede our ability
      to acheive (b), and thus the transformation we seek will not occur.
      Start thinking smart instead of thinking stubborn.

      =====
      Mike Lorrey
      - Gen. John Stark
      "Pacifists are Objectively Pro-Fascist." - George Orwell
      "Treason doth never Prosper. What is the Reason?
      For if it Prosper, none Dare call it Treason..." - Ovid

      http://search.yahoo.com
    • Mary Lou Seymour
      Message 71 of 71 , May 2 8:52 PM
        And should someone feel moved to take a very EZ action, go to the
        newsletter pg, download the May Quill, print off a few copies and give
        them to your friends (or leave a few in your local library, coffeeshop,
        university, convenience store, laundromat, bus stop, etc. This would
        cost you, oh, a coupla bucks at Kinko's, and, if you simply carry them
        with you on your daily rounds, no time at all.