14097Re: Draft Ron Paul?

  • trukslp
    May 25, 2005
      Why would a Republican like Mr. Paul challenge a Senator like
      Hutchinson? or any GOP standard bearer...
      I love the idea though.

      Are there FSP friends around Texas?

      And how do porcupines like Mr. Kinky Friedman for TX Governor?
      Cheers, TR
      NYC

      --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, "givemeliberty01"
      <aj1758@y...> wrote:
      > --- In freestateproject@yahoogroups.com, Jason Sorens
      > <jason.sorens@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Here's a very interesting idea from Chronicles writer Sean
      Scallon. I
      > > should note that Ron Paul knows all about the FSP, and told me
      he
      > > supported WY in the vote. What better way could there be to show
      > him that
      > > NH's libertarian army supports him?
      >
      > If we can't draft Ron Paul for Prez maybe the FSP can help get him
      > drafted for an open 2006 U.S. Senate candidacy from Texas or if
      need
      > be run as a primary challenger against Sen. Hutchinson.
      >
      > Congressman Paul is a sorely needed voice for the US Senate and
      has a
      > solid opportunity to win, since he has an overwhelming popularity
      in
      > his own district, he appeals to Republicans on conservative issues
      and
      > Democrats on civil liberties issues and could open up a flood of
      > monetary support from liberty activists throughout the country.
      >
      > The remaining Republican primary contenders for the Texas Senate
      Seat
      > would be Atty. Gen. Abbott, Rep. Bonilla of the 23rd District and
      Lt.
      > Gov. Dewhurst. If the primary is won with enough money and support,
      > Rep. Paul will easily win the US Senate office.
      >
      > <b>Politics1.com states the following:</b>
      >
      > According to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, President Bush may have
      > found a way to bring peace to his homestate's GOP leadership. In
      order
      > to avoid US Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison's (R) likely primary
      > challenge to Governor Rick Perry (R), the newspaper reports Bush
      may
      > nominate Hutchison for the prestigious post of US Ambassador to the
      > Court of St. James (i.e., Great Britain). If that happens, Perry
      will
      > easily win renomination and Texas Republicans will have an open US
      > Senate seat next year.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic