Re: [freehelpexcelsiorstudents] Re: I PASSED CPNE THIS WEEKEND LUBBOCK!!YEA!!!

  • Dyj314
    Message 1 of 25 , Jul 5, 2012
      Congratzzzzzzzzzz!!!! So happy for you!

      Deb J

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jun 27, 2012, at 6:38 PM, "coondogette" <coondogette@...> wrote:

      > Awesome job!! Congrats!!!!
      >
      > --- In freehelpexcelsiorstudents@yahoogroups.com, Judy Holladay <fullferue@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Its finally OVER!!! After studying my butt off, a lot of support and encouragement from people on this group...Clint, Lori (Blueprint Nursing) , Gwen, my dear friend ( who also passed her cpne a few weekends ago :) ) congrats to her~ I passed 6 nursing exams and the info lit class in less than 2 months after I enrolled....I finally got my date....I practiced my labs over and over, read that study guide ALL THE WAY THROUGH- made mneumonics for my critical elements, bit off all my nails, fought with my 1 year old and 4 year old for study time, practiced care plan scenarios from sheri taylors online workshop ( only signed up for that for like 2 months then quit) I took an Excelsior's workshop in Grapevine Texas~ Faculty phone calls and blew up the Excelsior message center with my questions, LOL ! The CA was so sweet, an ex-excelsior grad and student herself. The CE's were very nice and professional. I
      > > passed all 4 labs first try, no repeats on Friday! Then I passed 3 pcs's, even my Pediatric, which I was terrified of!! I was praying for 4 yrs or older, but I got an 11 month old instead! I still made it through, and the patient was as cute as can be. You guys, have NO DOUBTS! This CAN BE DONE! You just have to prepare yourself sufficiently. If you show up at the CPNE without having studied, practiced, and prepared, you will fail, no doubt about it.
      > > For me, my journey has finally reached the finish line. If anyone wants my mnuemonics, I'll be more than happy to give them out. Email me at yourlifeisgold@... if you want my detailed weekend story or have any questions. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!!!
      > > JUDY UNEKWE, G.N. !!!
      > > ( Holladay is my maiden name) :)
      > >

      > > ~ You Are Beautifully and Wonderfully Made~
      > >
      > > http://wix.com/fightforlife/healthyliving

    • jovanda johnson
      Message 2 of 25 , Jul 5, 2012
        congrats

        > > Its finally OVER!!! After studying my butt off, a lot of support and encouragement from people on this group...Clint, Lori (Blueprint Nursing) , Gwen, my dear friend ( who also passed her cpne a few weekends ago :) ) congrats to her~ I passed 6 nursing exams and the info lit class in less than 2 months after I enrolled....I finally got my date....I practiced my labs over and over, read that study guide ALL THE WAY THROUGH- made mneumonics for my critical elements, bit off all my nails, fought with my 1 year old and 4 year old for study time, practiced care plan scenarios from sheri taylors online workshop ( only signed up for that for like 2 months then quit) I took an Excelsior's workshop in Grapevine Texas~ Faculty phone calls and blew up the Excelsior message center with my questions, LOL ! The CA was so sweet, an ex-excelsior grad and student herself. The CE's were very nice and professional. I
        > > passed all 4 labs first try, no repeats on Friday! Then I passed 3 pcs's, even my Pediatric, which I was terrified of!! I was praying for 4 yrs or older, but I got an 11 month old instead! I still made it through, and the patient was as cute as can be. You guys, have NO DOUBTS! This CAN BE DONE! You just have to prepare yourself sufficiently. If you show up at the CPNE without having studied, practiced, and prepared, you will fail, no doubt about it.
        > > For me, my journey has finally reached the finish line. If anyone wants my mnuemonics, I'll be more than happy to give them out. Email me at yourlifeisgold@... if you want my detailed weekend story or have any questions. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT!!!
        > > JUDY UNEKWE, G.N. !!!
        > > ( Holladay is my maiden name) :)
        > >

        > > ~ You Are Beautifully and Wonderfully Made~
        > >
        > > http://wix.com/fightforlife/healthyliving

      • anitra davis
        Message 3 of 25 , Jul 7, 2012
          Great Job Judy, Nclex is a breeze!
          On Jul 6, 2012 9:44 PM, "jovanda johnson" <msjvx6@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > congrats

        • Judy Holladay
          Message 4 of 25 , Jul 20, 2012
             Please know that you can do this!  I worked as an LVN for nearly 10 years, and I am also in the DFW area.   I have worked in nursing homes for the majority of my career, but have worked in anumber of other areas.   I just passed the cpne in Lubbock on june 24th.  My graduation date from excelsior is August 17th!     What you need to know , is that passing has nothing to do with where you have practiced your nursing or medical care.  It is about studying the material that Excelsior gives you, learning critical thinking the way they expect an RN to think, and staying focused.
            Excelsior gives you all the tools you need to get through this program and become a great RN.  It is harder than a traditional nursing school and makes you think quicker and more in depth than any other program teaches.
            If you have the will,
            there is a way.
            For study tips for passing the exams   go to   www.squidoo.com/how-to-cut-your-study-time-in-half
            and for my mneumonics I used for the cpne  go to  www.squidoo.com/cpne-mneumonics

            Either way,  this group will help give you encouragement along each step of the way.  Clint is great!    And many others here,  students testing at all different levels.  I made some lifelong friends that I found on this very group, and you will too.  If you want your RN, go get it!  Your the only one stopping yourself........it is your's for the taking whenever you decide!
            I believe in you!
            sincerely,
            Judy Unekwe  G.N., L.V.N.    ( man it feels so good to put that behind my name :) :)  )

            ~ You Are Beautifully and Wonderfully Made~

                  http://wix.com/fightforlife/healthyliving%c2%a0

            Message 5 of 25 , Jul 20, 2012
              Great encouragement!

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Jul 20, 2012, at 3:13 PM, Judy Holladay <fullferue@...> wrote:

              > Please know that you can do this! I worked as an LVN for nearly 10 years, and I am also in the DFW area. I have worked in nursing homes for the majority of my career, but have worked in anumber of other areas. I just passed the cpne in Lubbock on june 24th. My graduation date from excelsior is August 17th! What you need to know , is that passing has nothing to do with where you have practiced your nursing or medical care. It is about studying the material that Excelsior gives you, learning critical thinking the way they expect an RN to think, and staying focused.
              > Excelsior gives you all the tools you need to get through this program and become a great RN. It is harder than a traditional nursing school and makes you think quicker and more in depth than any other program teaches.
              > If you have the will,
              > there is a way.
              > For study tips for passing the exams go to www.squidoo.com/how-to-cut-your-study-time-in-half
              > and for my mneumonics I used for the cpne go to www.squidoo.com/cpne-mneumonics
              >
              > Either way, this group will help give you encouragement along each step of the way. Clint is great! And many others here, students testing at all different levels. I made some lifelong friends that I found on this very group, and you will too. If you want your RN, go get it! Your the only one stopping yourself........it is your's for the taking whenever you decide!
              > I believe in you!
              > sincerely,
              > Judy Unekwe G.N., L.V.N. ( man it feels so good to put that behind my name :) :) )
              >

              > ~ You Are Beautifully and Wonderfully Made~
              >
              > http://wix.com/fightforlife/healthyliving

            • lacita rone
              Message 6 of 25 , Jul 21, 2012
                Judy,
                Thank you so much for the encouragement.  I can't even begin to explain to how depressed I am right now in trying to find a job that benefits me and my family.  The LVN position has all but been erased and I feel worthless and unvalued in my position now.  I am currently working as a continuous care LVN and people treat us like we are housekeepers or maids!  No respect whatsoever.  I promise you I am going to get started today!  I ordered the A & P CD from Studygroup 101 and have printed out information from Excelsior and I am reviewing the information right now.  I blame myself for the situation I am in but only I can make that change and I will.  I love this group there is so much love and encouragement.  I have also noticed that we have a lot of faith-based, spiritual members and where there is GOD you can't have anything less than success.

                You have been such a great inspiration to me and I am sure countless others. You are intelligient and I am sure you will be a great RN!! Remember you to are "Beautifully and Wonderfully Made"