Newbie Here

  • radio7ball
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 26, 2012
      Hello All,

      My name is Tee and I've been an LPN for about 8 months. I've decided to get back into school IMMEDIATELY because I know the longer I wait the longer I'll wait.... Because of my busy schedule with work and my kids I've decided on Excelsior- hoping self study will be better. I'm praying I've made the right decision. *fingers crossed*. I just started the program (already have my pre-reqs) and I'm registered for the INL class starting 3/5. Any study guides, books, materials, sites you can recommend will be GREATLY appreciated. I need all the help/motivation I can get to push me through this program.

      Thanks and Nice to meet you all.
    • Junky
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 8 12:09 PM
        Hi Sandra! I'm in the same boat as you. I've been sneaking around on this site for quite some time, and now I'm ready to take the plunge! I'm hoping to schedule my Health and Safety exam within the next few weeks. I, too, have the studyguide notes and Saunders NCLEX. I was told to pay the $75 and take the prctice exam, but not sure if I will or not. Keep me posted on your progress! I have another friend who is going to take this exam, too - hopefully, she is being wishy washy as I have been for the past few years. I believe the more people we know taking these exams, the better our success rate!

        --- In freehelpexcelsiorstudents@yahoogroups.com, "Sandra" <ounurse@...> wrote:

        > Hello everyone! My name is Sandra and I am an LPN in Oklahoma. I have been reading the posts here for almost three years now and have FINALLY decided to stop being a bench warmer and join in on the game. I sent my transcripts in for review last year and I am just now studying for Health Safety. I did finish the Information Literacy course with Penn Foster with an A! HaHa! I have the Study Group 101 notes, Saunders NCLEX book, and multiple textbooks. I want to say a big thank you to all of you for always being so encouraging here! I can't wait to shorten my signature from LPN to RN!

      • Cindy
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 14 8:12 AM
          Spend the money on the practice exams. Study the rationale for the right and wrong answers. You won't be sorry.

          Blessings to you
          Cindy

          On Mar 8, 2012, at 12:09 PM, "Junky" <junky_junkerson@...> wrote:

          Hi Sandra! I'm in the same boat as you. I've been sneaking around on this site for quite some time, and now I'm ready to take the plunge! I'm hoping to schedule my Health and Safety exam within the next few weeks. I, too, have the studyguide notes and Saunders NCLEX. I was told to pay the $75 and take the prctice exam, but not sure if I will or not. Keep me posted on your progress! I have another friend who is going to take this exam, too - hopefully, she is being wishy washy as I have been for the past few years. I believe the more people we know taking these exams, the better our success rate!

          --- In freehelpexcelsiorstudents@yahoogroups.com, "Sandra" <ounurse@...> wrote:

          > Hello everyone! My name is Sandra and I am an LPN in Oklahoma. I have been reading the posts here for almost three years now and have FINALLY decided to stop being a bench warmer and join in on the game. I sent my transcripts in for review last year and I am just now studying for Health Safety. I did finish the Information Literacy course with Penn Foster with an A! HaHa! I have the Study Group 101 notes, Saunders NCLEX book, and multiple textbooks. I want to say a big thank you to all of you for always being so encouraging here! I can't wait to shorten my signature from LPN to RN!

          TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!
          Health clues found in your handshake
          How firm your grip is now could indicate your risk of dementia or stroke later in life.
          Privacy Policy