Re: New Excelsior Student

  • janer
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 1 4:28 AM
      I understand. :) Unfortunately I too have read too many posts from folks that feel because they have been a nurse for umpteen years that this will be like a work day. I probably had some of those thoughts early on.

      It truly didn't sink in until I went to a workshop and then FEAR set in and I realized that, while I was a nurse, I had to adjust my thinking to do the clinical the way the school required it, not they way it is done in the real world. It's not the real world. If they said Jump, I had to say 'how high?'

      There are tons of sites out there denigrating the program, by people that didn't pass and didn't feel it was fair.

      All I can say, it's your response to the situation, life is always throwing something at you, but unless you can adjust you will be left behind in the dust.

      --- In freehelpexcelsiorstudents@yahoogroups.com, Mary Foster <tune_40@...> wrote:

      > I never meant to imply that the CPNE was not a challenge, by all means it is. I
      > just don't want fellow students to be discouraged by negative comments regarding
      > the possibility of completion. Sorry if I upset anyone by giving the impression
      > of easiness.
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Clint Franklin
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 1 5:40 AM
        Nothing wrong with a "can do" attitude, Mary! Just want folks to go in prepared and not think it is a cake walk... no harm, no foul.
        Blessings,Clint

        From: janer <neongirl1203@...>

        To: freehelpexcelsiorstudents@yahoogroups.com

        Date: Tuesday, June 28, 2011, 7:47 AM

        I wish you well in your endeavor. It is not easy but very satisfying. Please do

        not underestimate the CPNE. It is not JUST basic nursing practice. If you do not

        know the Excelsior way and critical elements you will not pass. I have seen a

        few try to do it without a workshop or knowing the critical elements, having not

        practiced, and they have failed. I have heard of very few that are able to do it

        without the outside teaching and practice.

        jane

        --- In freehelpexcelsiorstudents@yahoogroups.com, "tune_40" <tune_40@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I am a fairly new (old) student I have taken two exams so far. Health and

        >Safety and Chronicity (that one nearly kicked my butt). I am studying

        >Transitions now. I am not the traditional student, if there is such a thing. I

        >am 50 years old and tried the traditional classroom stiuation. I made it all the

        >way through the ADN program at local community college, passed the final exam,

        >all the clinical hours only to be failed by two points and not given the option

        >of extra credit to push through. So, needless to say I was a bit gun shy when I

        >enrolled in Excelsior, I look at the lessons as review, since I know the

        >material already. I just have to remember not to get lazy and keep up the

        >momentum to continue. I would like to add, if I can do this at my age, we all

        >have the potential to succeed. And one last thing, do not let anyone scare you

        >about the CPNE....if you follow basic nursing practice, you will succeed there

        >as well.

      • TRACI SALVATO
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 1 5:51 AM
          Clint, Although I have not been as active on the board just wanted to drop you a note to let you know that you are just as encouraging as ever. Thanks! Traci

          Two are better than one...if one falls down,his friend can help him up. Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

          To: freehelpexcelsiorstudents@yahoogroups.com
          From: integrity4hm@...
          Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 05:40:25 -0700

          Nothing wrong with a "can do" attitude, Mary! Just want folks to go in prepared and not think it is a cake walk... no harm, no foul.
          Blessings,Clint

          I wish you well in your endeavor. It is not easy but very satisfying. Please do

          not underestimate the CPNE. It is not JUST basic nursing practice. If you do not

          know the Excelsior way and critical elements you will not pass. I have seen a

          few try to do it without a workshop or knowing the critical elements, having not

          practiced, and they have failed. I have heard of very few that are able to do it

          without the outside teaching and practice.

          jane

          --- In freehelpexcelsiorstudents@yahoogroups.com, "tune_40" <tune_40@...> wrote:

          > Hi, I am a fairly new (old) student I have taken two exams so far. Health and

          >Safety and Chronicity (that one nearly kicked my butt). I am studying

          >Transitions now. I am not the traditional student, if there is such a thing. I

          >am 50 years old and tried the traditional classroom stiuation. I made it all the

          >way through the ADN program at local community college, passed the final exam,

          >all the clinical hours only to be failed by two points and not given the option

          >of extra credit to push through. So, needless to say I was a bit gun shy when I

          >enrolled in Excelsior, I look at the lessons as review, since I know the

          >material already. I just have to remember not to get lazy and keep up the

          >momentum to continue. I would like to add, if I can do this at my age, we all

          >have the potential to succeed. And one last thing, do not let anyone scare you

          >about the CPNE....if you follow basic nursing practice, you will succeed there

          >as well.

        • Clint Franklin
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 1 6:03 AM
            I miss you, Traci ... how have you been?
            Clint

            To: freehelpexcelsiorstudents@yahoogroups.com
            From: integrity4hm@...
            Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 05:40:25 -0700

            Nothing wrong with a "can do" attitude, Mary! Just want folks to go in prepared and not think it is a cake walk... no harm, no foul.
            Blessings,Clint

            I wish you well in your endeavor. It is not easy but very satisfying. Please do

            not underestimate the CPNE. It is not JUST basic nursing practice. If you do not

            know the Excelsior way and critical elements you will not pass. I have seen a

            few try to do it without a workshop or knowing the critical elements, having not

            practiced, and they have failed. I have heard of very few that are able to do it

            without the outside teaching and practice.

            jane

            --- In freehelpexcelsiorstudents@yahoogroups.com, "tune_40" <tune_40@...> wrote:

            > Hi, I am a fairly new (old) student I have taken two exams so far. Health and

            >Safety and Chronicity (that one nearly kicked my butt). I am studying

            >Transitions now. I am not the traditional student, if there is such a thing. I

            >am 50 years old and tried the traditional classroom stiuation. I made it all the

            >way through the ADN program at local community college, passed the final exam,

            >all the clinical hours only to be failed by two points and not given the option

            >of extra credit to push through. So, needless to say I was a bit gun shy when I

            >enrolled in Excelsior, I look at the lessons as review, since I know the

            >material already. I just have to remember not to get lazy and keep up the

            >momentum to continue. I would like to add, if I can do this at my age, we all

            >have the potential to succeed. And one last thing, do not let anyone scare you

            >about the CPNE....if you follow basic nursing practice, you will succeed there

            >as well.

          • Lynn f
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 1 7:01 AM
              Hey Clint!
              I just want to thank you for always taking time to keep this board clean of trauma drama! Thats what I like to call it!  I also appreciate that fact that I can get on here and go through the mail with out someone trying to sell me their naked photos or viagra!

              You are a wonderful person and a joy to talk with!  Hope your enjoying your new nursing career and keep up the good work!

              Lynn Frederick, RN

              Owner - Instructor

              www.clinicalprepexam.com

              Join me on Facebook at CPNE Lynn Frederick

              The #1 CPNE recommended Workshop!

              To: freehelpexcelsiorstudents@yahoogroups.com
              From: integrity4hm@...
              Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 05:40:25 -0700

              Nothing wrong with a "can do" attitude, Mary! Just want folks to go in prepared and not think it is a cake walk... no harm, no foul.
              Blessings,Clint

              I wish you well in your endeavor. It is not easy but very satisfying. Please do

              not underestimate the CPNE. It is not JUST basic nursing practice. If you do not

              know the Excelsior way and critical elements you will not pass. I have seen a

              few try to do it without a workshop or knowing the critical elements, having not

              practiced, and they have failed. I have heard of very few that are able to do it

              without the outside teaching and practice.

              jane

              --- In freehelpexcelsiorstudents@yahoogroups.com, "tune_40" <tune_40@...> wrote:

              > Hi, I am a fairly new (old) student I have taken two exams so far. Health and

              >Safety and Chronicity (that one nearly kicked my butt). I am studying

              >Transitions now. I am not the traditional student, if there is such a thing. I

              >am 50 years old and tried the traditional classroom stiuation. I made it all the

              >way through the ADN program at local community college, passed the final exam,

              >all the clinical hours only to be failed by two points and not given the option

              >of extra credit to push through. So, needless to say I was a bit gun shy when I

              >enrolled in Excelsior, I look at the lessons as review, since I know the

              >material already. I just have to remember not to get lazy and keep up the

              >momentum to continue. I would like to add, if I can do this at my age, we all

              >have the potential to succeed. And one last thing, do not let anyone scare you

              >about the CPNE....if you follow basic nursing practice, you will succeed there

              >as well.

            • TRACI SALVATO
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 1 10:21 AM
                Clint, I am fine. Waiting for the revised CPNE guide to come out in August. I have got to get this done. Is it true that the Lubbock site is closing their test site? I was told by a friend that Plainview would be the closest site to me now. Even if I have to fly somewhere I have got to get this done. I am also going to try and start being more active on this forum again because it is so motivating. Traci

                Two are better than one...if one falls down,his friend can help him up. Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

                To: freehelpexcelsiorstudents@yahoogroups.com
                From: integrity4hm@...
                Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 06:03:30 -0700

                To: freehelpexcelsiorstudents@yahoogroups.com
                From: integrity4hm@...
                Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 05:40:25 -0700

                Nothing wrong with a "can do" attitude, Mary! Just want folks to go in prepared and not think it is a cake walk... no harm, no foul.
                Blessings,Clint

                I wish you well in your endeavor. It is not easy but very satisfying. Please do

                not underestimate the CPNE. It is not JUST basic nursing practice. If you do not

                know the Excelsior way and critical elements you will not pass. I have seen a

                few try to do it without a workshop or knowing the critical elements, having not

                practiced, and they have failed. I have heard of very few that are able to do it

                without the outside teaching and practice.

                jane

                --- In freehelpexcelsiorstudents@yahoogroups.com, "tune_40" <tune_40@...> wrote:

                > Hi, I am a fairly new (old) student I have taken two exams so far. Health and

                >Safety and Chronicity (that one nearly kicked my butt). I am studying

                >Transitions now. I am not the traditional student, if there is such a thing. I

                >am 50 years old and tried the traditional classroom stiuation. I made it all the

                >way through the ADN program at local community college, passed the final exam,

                >all the clinical hours only to be failed by two points and not given the option

                >of extra credit to push through. So, needless to say I was a bit gun shy when I

                >enrolled in Excelsior, I look at the lessons as review, since I know the

                >material already. I just have to remember not to get lazy and keep up the

                >momentum to continue. I would like to add, if I can do this at my age, we all

                >have the potential to succeed. And one last thing, do not let anyone scare you

                >about the CPNE....if you follow basic nursing practice, you will succeed there

                >as well.

              • Clint Franklin
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 6 6:00 AM
                  Well, Lynn, thank you for the support. There is always a higher ground to travel on if we are willing...yeah, it might take more work, more discipline and tough skin when others take pot shots at you, but in the end, it is worth the "view" from the higher road. I believe that Florence et al held to the higher standard and it was good for them.
                  Truth is, that our society has been slipping (or slumming) down in its standards for various reasons and if there is to be Light in the darkness, the candles have to stay lit! As positive influences in our society, we have an opportunity to pull others out of the mud and I think it is our obligation to do so! Imagine suffering patients without hope, caring hearts and competent hands ... you want a definition of "hell" ? ... I think that is the essence of it... suffering without relief! I vote we give them a taste of "heaven" instead!
                  Always a joy hearing from you. I appreciate what you are doing for nursing, for Excelsior students and for this website.
                  Be blessed and have an Awesome day!
                  Clint

                  From: Clint Franklin <integrity4hm@...>

                  To: freehelpexcelsiorstudents@yahoogroups.com