Re: CPNE questions/karedex

  • the_redheaded_pixie
    Message 1 of 61 , May 1 3:25 AM
      1. The single asterisk (*) indicates a required area of care (mobility, fluid management, etc.), and two asterisks (**) indicates a selected area of care (whatever else they choose to assign). This is on page 40 of the 16th edition study guide. :)

      2. Only do what is assigned, period. Nothing more! If it's not checked off, don't do it.

      3. Do not trust Rue's word on this. I have heard nothing on the EPN (monitored by faculty) about not using impaired physical mobility. Truly you can use any diagnosis in Mosby's, if it fits your patient. The only ones that EC discourages strongly is "readiness for enhanced comfort" and "risk for infection" (the second one if they're on antibiotics, which most patients who are at risk for infection will be).

      Use your phone calls with EC faculty! They can provide definite answers. :) Good luck!!

      Lisa S.

      --- In freehelpexcelsiorstudents@yahoogroups.com, Robin Murray <mrsmurray513@...> wrote:

      > I have more questions, and thank you in  advance for anyone who can answer them....
      >
      > 1.  What is the difference on the kardex assignment if it has one * or 2 **????
      >
      > 2.  If encourage fluids is not checked off on kardex, do we still include 'encourage fluids' as part of those 1st 20 minutes, unless contraindicated by NPO?????
      >
      > 3.  RUE recently sent out info i came across stating a few different nurse dx we should not/cannot use any longer.  i cannot remember them off the top of my head except impaired physical mobility----anybody know why or what are the best to use in place of??  help?!?!
      >
      > THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!!!
      >
      > Robin Murray
    • caren morris
      Message 61 of 61 , May 25 10:40 PM
        Do you mean at work (care) or for CPNE ?

        ________________________________
        From: Marie Locke <marie.locke@...>
        Subject: [freehelpexcelsiorstudents] IRRIGATION
        To: freehelpexcelsiorstudents@yahoogroups.com