Re: [freehelpexcelsiorstudents] General Humanities CLEP

  • Daphine Craig
    Message 1 of 24 , Nov 1, 2009
      Thanks for buying my book.
      I was worried about the wait also if I failed. I just went in thinking ok, I can take something else if I fail and so I tried not to fret about it. I think that helped me relax and not focus on having to pass. I think if you google instacert.com coupon code you can get $5 bucks off
      for the month. Someone on the site told me about that. It was nice to have banks of questions to use through them. I just did it for the month.
      If I can pass it anyone can. It was pretty dull to me. lol.
      Good luck!
      Daphine

      From: Daphine Craig <nnurse9@yahoo. com>
      To: freehelpexcelsiorst udents@yahoogrou ps.com
      Date: Friday, October 30, 2009, 5:54 PM

      Hi Robin,
      Sorry you are so sick. Hope you had a great trip.
      I took the Humanities clep a few months ago. It was a luck of the draw I think.
      I used Chancellors guide and instacert. com.They were both very helpful.
      I feel like I studied so much and I still did not know half the questions. I think what I did study helped to eliminate the answers. I wanted to pass really bad because it was my last test before the CPNE and I just wanted to focus on that and not worry about another class.
      I went in trying to be relaxed thinking that it is only $90 to take and if I did not pass I was not out a lot of money and I would retake it after the CPNE.
      I had a few picture but there was stuff that had to do with Bruce Springsteen and putting in order of songs from that era. It was weird.

      Give it a shot. Both of the study materials I used I really liked. I like the study guide but it was nice for the instacert.com because you could do tests and be graded.
      Good luck.
      Daphine

      Message 2 of 24 , Nov 1, 2009
        Don't lose your money!!! Start studying now, put 1-2 hrs daily and more on your days off, you will be ready by Nov.23. Go in to take your test calm with the attitude that you have already passed it...
        Thank God for letting you get that far and ask him for the knowledge to get through it and you will pass.............
        Then go home and start on Micro the same way. You have the knowledge
        base already, you can do this!!!!
        Pam

        --- In freehelpexcelsiorstudents@yahoogroups.com, Debra Jackson <dyj314@...> wrote:

        > Robin........... soooo sorry you were not well.  Godspeed in a full recovery!
        >
        > Deb J.

      • Leslie Kemper
        Message 3 of 24 , Nov 1, 2009
          Has anyone taken sociology, juvenile delinquency?  Do you know if instacert is helpfull?  Thanks Leslie

          Message 4 of 24 , Nov 1, 2009
            Thank you for the kind words Pam!!!

            Robin Murray

            Don't lose your money!!! Start studying now, put 1-2 hrs daily and more on your days off, you will be ready by Nov.23. Go in to take your test calm with the attitude that you have already passed it...
            Thank God for letting you get that far and ask him for the knowledge to get through it and you will pass........ .....
            Then go home and start on Micro the same way. You have the knowledge
            base already, you can do this!!!!
            Pam

            --- In freehelpexcelsiorst udents@yahoogrou ps.com, Debra Jackson <dyj314@....> wrote:

            > Robin....... .... soooo sorry you were not well.  Godspeed in a full recovery!
            >
            > Deb J.

          • Robin Murray
            Message 5 of 24 , Nov 1, 2009
              my friend just took socialogy and only used the CLEP book (REA book), she studied for 2 weeks and passed with a 62, i believe.  i signed up with instacert this a.m.  it is only practice questions, not study material, but gives very detailoed answers you can use to study.  thers a $5 coupon, which makes it cost $15 and theres a 30-day money back guarentee.  yu really cant lose with it.

              Message 6 of 24 , Nov 1, 2009
                Thank-you

                Message 7 of 24 , Nov 1, 2009
                  I emailed you provately earlier Daphine, not sure if you got it.  But, I have another question.  I thought it was a minimum of 60 to pass, but th epaperwork from college board says 50....can anyone clarify what it is???

                • Clint Franklin
                  Message 8 of 24 , Nov 1, 2009
                    Dear Robin,
                    I am certainly hoping you are feeling better!  Sorry to hear about the H1N1...I have been praying but haven't formally responded to you to let you know that I have!
                    Appealing to the Healer!Blessings,Clint

                    Message 9 of 24 , Nov 1, 2009
                      I heart you, Clint!!!!  Thank you!!!!!!!!  I am actually feeling better.....2 more days of meds, back to work on Tues