Re: Just finished my last Nursing Theory Exam.

  • lasharris02
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 31, 2008
      that is an inspiration.I am in the houston area also but you have
      made things look brighter for me thank you.
      --- In freehelpexcelsiorstudents@yahoogroups.com, "dddcs4"
      <dddcs4@...> wrote:

      > Just finished my last Nursing Theory Exam on Wednesday. Now I am
      > waiting for notification that I am CPNE eligible. In anticipation
      of
      > passing my last test, I completed the background check and health
      > status exam this month. This has been a long road. When I finish
      it
      > will be a total of 5 years since my journey began. I actually let
      my
      > LVN license lapse because I was not longer working in the nursing
      > field for many, many years. I had to take a refresher course to
      get
      > my license renewed. Then I started going to community college to
      take
      > prerequisites to apply to an ADN nursing school. I literally
      started
      > from scratch. No college what so ever. Took, Biology, A&P I&II,
      > Micro, Eng I&II, Psychology and Lifespan Psychology, American
      History
      > I, Sociology, Computer Science, Art Appreciation. All this in
      order
      > to apply to a very tough nursing program here in my hometown. I was
      > accepted and had a 4.0 average, but after a year and 1/2 I just
      could
      > not emotionally and mentally do it. That is when I withdrew and
      found
      > a job at a doctor's office and applied to Excelsior. This is the
      > kicker, I am 52 years old and have not worked in a hospital for
      more
      > than 29 years. Needless to say I have already signed up for a
      > workshop in 2009 that is coming to Houston. I don't know where the
      > Lord will direct me when I am finished. I took a group of student
      > nurses and a NP with me on a medical mission trip to Guatemala this
      > summer. This is one of the reasons I did not start my exams until
      > after I got back in June. Ever since then I have completed all 7
      > exams. The only reason I could finish them in this time frame is
      that
      > about 60% of each exam was review for me. (Oh did I tell you
      > Excelsior did not accept any credits from the school of nursing I
      > attended) Please pray for my as I continue in the program and
      finally
      > get to see RN behind my name.

    • Diane
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2008
        You are an inspiration and if you can do it, I can do it...I'm 56. The joy is in the ride, but reaching your destination isn't bad either :-)

        Prayers for your success, keep us posted on the workshop and CPNE.
        Diane

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1, 2008
          Congrates and welcome to the waiting train.I was Cpne eligible on October 14, and it feel like i have being waiting forever already...lol

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 1, 2008
            We should start our own group. I'm 51. You are both an inspiration to me!

            _____

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 2, 2008
              I am 57. Been out of nursing for 21 yrs, came back in '05. I am on Essentials Health Safety. I will need to take the test in a couple of months but like someone just wrote, my brain cells are decreased and those left need alot of dusting off. I sometimes just get down with myself that my retention is lower and need help in memory. I love being a nurse. Times have changed so much. can I be part of the older group?

              Deb

              Have a blessed day.

              > We should start our own group. I'm 51. You are both an
              > inspiration to me!
              >

              > _____

            • Brenda
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 2, 2008
                Yep, very inspiring! I too, am 50 and I'll take NC 5 which is my
                last nursing theory exam this Friday...and I failed it back in May,
                so needless to say, I'm nervous about it but refuse to reschedule it
                again.
                Blessings to all of you.
                Brenda

                --- In freehelpexcelsiorstudents@yahoogroups.com, "lasharris02"