Re: [freehelpexcelsiorstudents] Re: scenario pulling the plug

  • Josee Breton
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2008
      Well, I'm glad it's not the RNs job. Just making sure, you know.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2008
        When I worked at a Rehab facility (we also had skilled nsg) The MD wrote orders for a terminal wean on the vent, Nursing gave RX for comfort, and RT turned off the vent after the wean. On time though the RT who was on the day the vent was to be shut off couldnt do it (even though the man's eeg was flat, after 2 strokes, and he had a living will, and family singed for it), so I did it for him. Jen

        sunshinejo1717 <sunshinejo1717@...> wrote: If someone has a severe injury such as a SCI that leaves them
        permanently paralyzed and on a ventilator, and the pt already has an
        advanced directive not to be on life support...whose job is it to
        actually pull the plug? RN, MD, family?