Re: Statistics through the local U

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2008
      Robin,

      The suffering will be over soon! :) Good luck to you. I still
      don't know how anyone could do it with the EC test (the one without a
      class). The text for my stats book is older than I am (it was the
      required one, so it must be a goodie), so I had the joy of
      calculating things by hand and with tables, if I was lucky. I don't
      know how yours is, but hopefully it is a little more fun. I doubt
      it. :)

      Let us know how you did, as I imagine there are a number of people
      here wanting to go on to the BSN and have to face the stats monster.

      Karen

      --- In freehelpexcelsiorstudents@yahoogroups.com, Robin Sullivan
      <resullivanrn@...> wrote:

      > Hey Karen,
      > Congrats!!!!!!!!!! I still havent heard about my latest test grade,
      but it supposed to be sometime today. It is driving me crazy. Then,
      there is just the final exam in a few weeks and I will have my final
      stats grade, too. Celebrate! Robin Sullivan, RN-BC

    • Karen
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2008
        It's okay! Personally, I would recommend stats to where you had an
        instructor at your disposal. I don't want to scare anyone off (plenty
        of people have gotten through stats), but it does warrant some step-by-
        step explanation. I even got a Stats for Dummies type of book that
        still is pretty complicated. (I guess I'm a stats dummy!) My distance
        class was pretty insane, but I had 16 ungraded assignments that
        were "graded" with instructor feedback. My two tests were open book,
        but they were really tough. I had to know where everything was in
        those 300 pages of statistical textbook bliss in order to maximize my
        time. I took this particular class because some of the nurse
        practitioner programs (my ultimate goal) require upper-level stats or
        else I might have thought about a community college or EC for stats.
        With stats out of the way, when I get through the RN portion, I should
        only have nursing courses to take for the BSN if I don't take an upper-
        level writing class beforehand. I freaking love EC! (That was way
        long and rambling--sorry!) Thanks for the well wishes for NC7!

        Karen

        --- In freehelpexcelsiorstudents@yahoogroups.com, "Sherry"