The Bankers Manifesto Revealed (again)

  • CJ
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2009
      Address:http://candidblogger.blogspot.com/2009/02/bankers-
      manifesto.html

      The Bankers Manifesto

      Congressman Charles A.. Lindbergh, Sr. revealed the Bankers Manifesto
      of 1892 to the U.S. Congress somewhere between 1907 and 1917.

      "We (the bankers) must proceed with caution and guard every move
      made, for the lower order of people are already showing signs of
      restless commotion. Prudence will therefore show a policy of
      apparently yielding to the popular will until our plans are so far
      consummated that we can declare our designs without fear of any
      organized resistance.

      Organizations in the United States should be carefully watched by
      our trusted men, and we must take immediate steps to control these
      organizations in our interest or disrupt them.
      At the coming Omaha convention to be held July 4, 1892, our men must
      attend and direct its movement or else there will be set on foot such
      antagonism to our designs as may require force to overcome.
      This at the present time would be premature. We are not yet ready for
      such a crisis. Capital must protect itself in every possible manner
      through combination (conspiracy) and legislation. The courts must
      be called to our aid, debts must be collected, bonds and mortgages
      foreclosed as rapidly as possible.

      When, through the process of law, the common people have lost their
      homes, they will be more tractable and easily governed through the
      influence of the strong arm of the government applied to a central
      power of imperial wealth under the control of the leading financiers.
      People without homes will not quarrel with their leaders. History
      repeats itself in regular cycles. This truth is well known among our
      principal men who are engaged in forming an imperialism of the world.
      While they are doing this, the people must be kept in a state of
      political antagonism.

      The question of tariff reform must be urged through the organization
      known as the Democratic Party, and the question of protection with the
      reciprocity must be forced to view through the Republican Party. By
      thus dividing voters, we can get them to expend their energies in
      fighting over questions of no importance to us, except as teachers to
      the common herd. Thus, by discrete actions, we can secure all that
      has been so generously planned and successfully accomplished.

      Is it any wonder that Bonnie and Clyde were heroes and hatred toward
      the banks is so universal?