What's The Word On The Stinger Jump/Break Pool Cue?

  • Philip Downen
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2005
      Please consider this free-reprint article written by:
      Philip Downen

      ==================
      IMPORTANT - Publication/Reprint Terms

      - You have permission to publish this article electronically in
      free-only publications such as a website or an ezine as long as
      the bylines are included.

      - You are not allowed to use this article for commercial
      purposes. The article should only be reprinted in a publicly
      accessible website and not in a members-only commercial site.

      - You are not allowed to post/reprint this article in any
      sites/publications that contains or supports hate, violence,
      porn and warez or any indecent and illegal sites/publications.

      - You are not allowed to use this article in UCE (Unsolicited
      Commercial Email) or SPAM. This article MUST be distributed in
      an opt-in email list only.

      - If you distribute this article in an ezine or newsletter, we
      ask that you send a copy of the newsletter or ezine that
      contains the article to webmaster@...

      - If you post this article in a website/forum/blog, ALL links
      MUST be set to hyperlinks and we ask that you send a copy of
      the URL where the article is posted to
      webmaster@...

      - We request that you ask permission from the author if you
      want to publish this article in print.

      The role of iSnare.com is only to distribute this article as
      part of its Article Distribution feature (
      http://www.isnare.com/distribution.php ). iSnare.com does NOT
      own this article, please respect the author's copyright and
      this publication/reprint terms. If you do not agree to any of
      these terms, please do not reprint or publish this article.
      ==================

      Article Title: What's The Word On The Stinger Jump/Break Pool
      Cue?
      Author: Philip Downen
      Word Count: 479
      Article URL: http://www.isnare.com/?id=3918&ca=Sports
      Format: 64cpl
      Author's Email Address: webmaster@...

      Easy Publish Tool: http://www.isnare.com/html.php?id=3918

      ================== ARTICLE START ==================
      The recently released Stinger by Jerico Cues is distributed by
      the National Billiard Academy and manufactured in the USA by
      Jerry Powers of Jerico Cues. It is claimed by the
      aforementioned distributor that it is "The World's Greatest
      JumpBreak Cue," and has been a recent hot topic in the industry
      by both consumers, as well as professional players.

      What are the selling points of the stinger?
      1) The stinger has two quick-release joints, which can be
      considered extraordinarily convenient for a jumpbreak cue since
      you've already got an extra joint that you'll need to fool
      around with occasionally when making your jump shots. Time
      efficiency... That's what I'm talking about. Aside from that,
      who wants to get carpal tunnel while playing pool?

      2) It comes in a variety of different exotic woods: bocote,
      cocobolo, purpleheart, and ebony. The Stinger can also come at
      a little lower price as a "sneaky pete" version that makes use
      of maple wood. I happen to find the exotic woods very
      appealing. Many jump/breaks I've seen tend to be a little plain
      looking, but with the fabulous finish on these cues the wood
      really looks good. Which brings me to my next point... the
      finish.

      3) Jerry at Jerico Cues has developed quite an impressive
      finish that looks fabulous AND protects and seals the wood from
      the effects of moisture and dirt. It seals to a depth of about a
      millimeter over the whole cue, allowing it to have a great
      glossy look to it.

      4) It is currently being used by multiple pro players around
      the world including: Mike Massey, Kid Delicious, Tony Robles,
      Jennifer Barretta, Ronnie Wiseman, Chris Lynch, Edwardo Roldan,
      Bill Meima (2004 World Jumpshot Champion), Sarah Ellerby, Randy
      Whitehead, Billy Banks, and Lynette Horsburgh (UK Snooker
      Champion).

      So what's the big hubbub about?
      Outside of the selling points listed, the Stinger boasts quite
      a promise for performance including a patented tip/ferrule
      technology, and a special tip material.

      The patented tip/ferrule technology used by the Stinger makes
      use of a "stinger" that projects downward through a hole in the
      center of the ferrule (imagine a thumbtack). Upon impact, the
      shock from the hit travels through the center of the tip and
      down the stinger, passing the energy of the impact straight to
      the center of the shaft, as opposed to the ferrule.

      The tip material used by the Stinger was developed specifically
      for the purpose of break/jumping. It is a high-performance
      proprietary material that DOES meet the Billiard Congress of
      America's specifications for jump/break tips. The tip material
      and ferrule material are, unlike the Sledgehammer, separate
      components. The tip/ferrule combination used by The Stinger
      promises a hit that sends the shock down the center of the
      shaft by means of Jerico Cues patented technology.

      About The Author: Philip Downen has had many years of history
      in Billiards, and has recently taken to blogging at
      http://www.billiardblogged.com/. If you're interested in more
      information on jump break cues head on over to
      http://www.budgetcues.com/jump-break.htm -
      http://www.budgetcues.com/jerico-stinger.htm

      For more free-reprint articles by Philip Downen please visit:
      http://www.isnare.com/?s=author&a=Philip+Downen