Golf Weight Training Is The Answer To Longer Drives

  • Mike Pedersen
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2005
      Please consider this free-reprint article written by: Mike
      Pedersen

      -----------
      IMPORTANT - Publication/Reprint Terms

      - You have permission to publish this article electronically in
      free-only publications such as a website or an ezine as long as
      the bylines are included.

      - You are not allowed to use this article for commercial
      purposes. The article should only be reprinted in a publicly
      accessible website and not in a members-only commercial site.

      - You are not allowed to post/reprint this article in any
      sites/publications that contains or supports hate, violence,
      porn and warez or any indecent and illegal sites/publications.

      - You are not allowed to use this article in UCE (Unsolicited
      Commercial Email) or SPAM. This article MUST be distributed in
      an opt-in email list only.

      - If you distribute this article in an ezine or newsletter, we
      ask that you send a copy of the newsletter or ezine that
      contains the article to mike@...

      - If you post this article in a website/forum/blog, ALL links
      MUST be set to hyperlinks and we ask that you send a copy of
      the URL where the article is posted to
      mike@...

      - We request that you ask permission from the author if you
      want to publish this article in print.

      The role of iSnare.com is only to distribute this article as
      part of its Article Distribution feature (
      http://www.isnare.com/distribution.php ). iSnare.com does NOT
      own this article, please respect the author's copyright and
      this publication/reprint terms. If you do not agree to any of
      these terms, please do not reprint or publish this article.
      -----------

      Article Title: Golf Weight Training Is The Answer To Longer
      Drives
      Author: Mike Pedersen
      Word Count: 558
      Article URL: http://www.isnare.com/?id=3608&ca=Sports
      Format: 64cpl
      Author's Email Address: mike@...
      Online Publisher Tool: http://www.isnare.com/html.php?id=3608

      ------------------ ARTICLE START ------------------
      It is no secret that most of the male and female tour players
      who want to play their best golf, do golf weight training
      exercises. But it�s not the kind of grueling, sweating stuff
      you�re thinking about.

      There is a HUGE misconception of what and how this type of
      program should be done. It does not take going into a gym and
      lifting heavy weights; nor does it take a 2-3 hour daily
      commitment.

      I have seen many �so-called� golf weight training programs,
      books, and videos etc that do in fact show the golfer in the
      gym and on machines. Sitting on a machine, isolating one muscle
      group is not golf-specific or sport-specific for that matter.

      Golf is a dynamic movement done on your feet. Sitting in a
      machine in a �controlled� environment will not improve your
      swing.

      The golf swing incorporates most of the muscles of the body in
      a sequential motion. I hope you can now see sitting in a
      machine won�t improve that.

      So what truly is a �golf-specific� program?

      For starters, doing a lot of exercise �on your feet� and in
      your golf posture will help. The more you can get in your
      posture and strength train, the quicker the benefit to your
      game.

      Golf also involves balance and stabilization. To improve this
      takes a concentrated effort on core work and exercises
      involving balance (such as one-legged exercises).

      The more popular golf-exercises are done on a stability ball;
      using exercise tubing; handweights; and even weighted medicine
      balls.

      This allows you to do many dynamic movements similar to your
      golf swing, directly relating to more power, distance and
      accuracy.

      These pieces of equipment are very inexpensive and portable.
      You can have a complete golf fitness gym in your home for under
      $100 easily.

      For example, exercise tubing is approximately $20 and you can
      immediately do golf swings with it. This is as golf-specific as
      you can get. Doing your actual movement with resistance will
      dramatically increase your power output.

      There are dozens of simple, golf weight training exercises you
      can do with the above equipment (and in your home). The beauty
      of this type of golf training is saving time and money, but
      most importantly making it fun and enjoyable.

      When you do these types of golf weight training exercises you
      will be encouraged that it will be the missing link to your
      best game.

      Often, we try to get on the fitness, weight-loss bandwagon,
      only to quit after just a week or so. With the above type of
      training, your doing both. You not only see a dramatic
      improvement in your game, but the icing on the cake is looking
      and feeling better.

      I have worked with hundreds, if not thousands of golfers via
      the web who have sent me emails stating how they have stuck
      with their programs longer than any other time in their life.
      They say the connection between health and golf is what did it.

      So don�t get overwhelmed the next time you here about golf
      weight training. With a little research, you can be doing your
      golf weight training program in your home in no time.

      About The Author: Mike Pedersen is one of the top golf fitness
      experts in the country, author of the Ultimate Golf Fitness
      Guide, and founder of several cutting-edge online golf fitness
      sites. Check out his new golf fitness site at
      http://www.performbettergolf.com

      For more free-reprint articles by Mike Pedersen please visit:
      http://www.isnare.com/?s=author&a=Mike+Pedersen