Re: MXLO Magnetic Motor DC Generator Plans

  • saditiousathome
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 29, 2004
      So, has anyone actually built this that is in the newsgroup?
      With the simplicity and the fact that the owner has not expanded
      upon the idea further, I am sure there is a catch.

      Saditious

      --- In free_energy@yahoogroups.com, "Sterling D. Allan"
      <sterlingda@g...> wrote:
      > FEATURING / BREAKING NEWS:

      http://www.greaterthings.com/News/FreeEnergy/Directory/MagneticMotors
      /MXLO/
      > or try
      > http://tinyurl.com/28rq3

      -------

      > You are here: GreaterThings.com > News > Free Energy >
      Directory > Magnetic Motors > MXLO Magnetic Motor DC Generator Plans

      -------

      > MXLO Magnetic Motor DC Generator Plans
      > MagnetHealer.com offers a kit as well as a complete set of plans
      to build what they claim will be a working electricity generating
      unit of approximately one cubic foot in size (scalable), producing
      in the range of 50 - 280 V DC, taking 45 minutes to build.

      > Check back here for reports of design improvements presented by
      our readers and team members.

      > Official Website
      > a.. MagnetHealer.com - site registered Feb. 4, 2004
      > a.. Welcome - "By arranging rare earth magnets in a special
      geometrical spiraling pattern, on dielectric materials, you will
      create electrical energy from rotation of the magnets, and the ions
      in the air. Power most any electrical device. Power your entire
      home for just the cost of materials to build the device."
      > b.. Learn More - device has been known since 1930's by US Navy
      but suppressed. Device is self-rotating when brake is released.
      See brief description below.
      > c.. FAQ - not "perpetual motion"; do not sell assembled units;
      no patent (tried, but denied); can run continuously; danger, high
      voltage; 30-day money-back guarantee; tech support provided in
      assembly, but not for power applications.
      > d.. Parts/Plans - ordering info for plans. $29.95 USD.
      Mentions that Radio Shack sells comparable magnets (to Neos) for
      $35.00. All parts less than $30.00 Assembly time 45 minutes.
      > Brief Description
      > Quoting from
      > http://www.magnethealer.com/learn.html
      >
      > This simple device consist of three dielectric plexiglass
      strips, which rare earth magnets are affixed to and placed around in
      a spiraling path, which create the stator of the device.

      > The rotor magnets are connected in a special configuration on a
      separate piece of dielectric plexiglass, which is affixed to a
      shaft, and connected in the center by a free wheel bearing.

      > A strip of aluminum is soldered to the bottom of the rotor shaft
      and connected to ground.

      > A sheet of copper cut in the same geometric shape as the stator
      is glued in place under the stator of the device, and a diode is
      soldered to the copper for direction of current. A cardboard
      isolator is placed between the section of copper that overlaps
      aluminum connected to rotor shaft.

      > Because of the high speed this device can develop a plastic hand
      screw, with rubber boot is used for braking and controlling speed.

      > Unit can be assembled and running in less then 45 minutes.
      >
      > * * * *
      >
      > Parts
      >
      > Quoting from
      > http://www.magnethealer.com/faq.html
      >
      > We include all the parts and instructions needed to build the
      unit. You will only need a square foot piece of sturdy non
      conductive material to attach unit, such as a piece of plyboard.

      > Kit Includes:
      > a.. Instructions for assembly, 4 Plexiglass strips, superglue,
      plastic assembly screws, plastic hand screw and rubber boot for
      braking, cardboard isolator, 85 Neodymium Rare Earth magnets,
      copper sheet, aluminum strip, diode, shaft and bearing.
      > See also
      > a.. Parts/Plans - ordering info for plans.
      > b.. Index > Magnetic Motors - various designs & claims
      > Contact
      > MXLO INNOVATIONS ®
      > Magnet Healer
      > 652 Atlantic City Blvd Suite 1
      > Bayville , New Jersey 08721
      >
      > Email: info@m...
      >
      > Contact: Greater Things
      >

      > Page posted by Sterling D. Allan, Feb. 28, 2004
    • wthwthwthwth
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2004
        --- In free_energy@yahoogroups.com, "saditiousathome" <
        saditiousathome@y...> wrote:
        > So, has anyone actually built this that is in the newsgroup?
        > With the simplicity and the fact that the owner has not expanded
        > upon the idea further, I am sure there is a catch.
        >
        > Saditious

        There's a huge catch. There's no proof it works, there are
        no kits for sale (despite what Sterling Allan says on his
        website), and I'll bet there were never any kits for sale in
        the first place.

        I would save my $29.95 until the owner of the website
        uploaded photographs of a working, assembled kit. If
        this kit is so simple to build, and takes only 45 minutes to
        construct, then why hasn't he built one himself, and
        provided (at a bare minimum) photographic evidence to
        his customers that it works?

        No, there is no kit (hence the convenient excuse that
        "we're out of magnets, so no further kit orders will be
        accepted"). I doubt very much there ever was a kit for sale.
        (If you don't believe me, e-mail him and offer to buy a kit
        without the magnets. See what his reply is.) All you can
        buy are plans for $29.95.

        The Internet is full of free magnetic motor plans that
        don't work. Why pay $29.95 for yet another claim with
        no proof? Good luck getting your money back when
        you build the motor from the plans and it doesn't work.

        And incidentally, if you check the Wayback Machine
        (www.archive.org), you'll see that back in 1999 and 2000
        the guy who runs www.magnethealer.com was selling
        his neodymium magnets as healing devices. Obviously
        he's gone from one brand of snake oil straight to another.

        WTH
      • David Thomson
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2004
          This "kit" sounds like the magnetic motor that someone recently posted a
          link to on this list. The diagrams are available online already and they
          probably lifted the idea and made their own money-making booklet. I checked
          out the web site. That particular model was made with 1" x 1" x 1" cube
          rare earth magnets. I priced the total cost to build the device and it came
          up to over $1000 just for the magnets.

          If this person has redesigned the same logarithmic spiral pattern to work
          with smaller magnets and they don't have a working model, that might say
          something in itself.

          Certainly they would make far more profit if they sold a working model
          (which they could cheaply manufacture according to their claim). And then
          they wouldn't have to put up with the suspicion that the device doesn't
          work. I certainly won't buy the book.

          Dave

        • sorenlaf
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2004
            Well, I read the blurb and website.

            Says it generates electricity.

            Doesn't say it spins by itself, or that it generates electricity w/o
            an external power input.

            Maybe I'm just be skeptical, but I suspect it doesn't just spin on
            it's own and generate power w/o an external input.

            --Soren

            <saditiousathome@y...> wrote:
> [...]
            > unit. You will only need a square foot piece of sturdy non
            > conductive material to attach unit, such as a piece of plyboard.
            > >
            > > Kit Includes:
            > > a.. Instructions for assembly, 4 Plexiglass strips,
            superglue,
            > plastic assembly screws, plastic hand screw and rubber boot for
            > braking, cardboard isolator, 85 Neodymium Rare Earth magnets,
            > copper sheet, aluminum strip, diode, shaft and bearing.
            > > See also
            > > a.. Parts/Plans - ordering info for plans.
            > > b.. Index > Magnetic Motors - various designs & claims
            > > Contact
            > > MXLO INNOVATIONS ®
            > > Magnet Healer
            > > 652 Atlantic City Blvd Suite 1
            > > Bayville , New Jersey 08721
            > >
            > > Email: info@m...
            > >
            > > Contact: Greater Things
            > >

            > > Page posted by Sterling D. Allan, Feb. 28, 2004
          • professor_ele
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 1, 2004
              Sorenlaf,

              I just received a virus from you. You need to maybe update your
              virus definitions before you go on the net again. The virus in your
              e-mail was W32.Beagle.G@mm.

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 3, 2004
                Pardon me for replying here, but I figure that professor_ele would
                be nuts to read any mail from me.

                Prof., I've never emailed you - my memory is confirmed by my sent
                message box.

                Thanks for the heads up, but I'm afraid someone is spoofing my
                address.

                --Soren

                --- In free_energy@yahoogroups.com, "professor_ele"