Plasmatron

  • infinitenergy@xxxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 1999
      Hey there,

      I have had no spare time lately to read the daily reviews or submit to the list.
      Sorry, things are incredibly hectic. Too much not enough.

      I just clicked on the most recent digest and found - among all the unsubscribes -
      that there is some discussion here as of late, pertaining to high mileage
      carbs and the theoretical maxima of such. My employer's brother developed a
      magnetic/vapor carburetor about 8 years ago which roughly tripled gas mileage,
      they recorded 68 mpg on a Chevy 454 towing rig with a 2-ton payload, under
      stop-go driving conditions that included steep hills.
      Apparently there are affidavits collaborating this.

      I believe these figures agree with Al Francoeur's data?
      -that is, roughly a tripling of efficiency.

      I have thought that ultrasonics could fit in nicely here. Ever seen those
      miniature bansai sculptures in overpriced yuppie stores that have little
      miniature waterfalls and the like, replete with falling vapor mist?

      There is a small ultrasonic transducer which achieves this effect. Costs
      about $70 to buy (much cheaper to build :), drop some water on the little
      brass circle and watch it fume away. Works real fast. Draws about an amp at 12V.
      It occurs to me that such a transducer could be placed below the throttle
      body of any vehicle to at least increase the atomization (surface area) of
      the gasoline, if not totally vaporizing it. This is a more efficient method
      than gross heating of the fuel/air mixture. Tuning would be a factor, as
      standing waves would likely develop in the intake manifold.

      I personally think Mr George Hathaway has a brilliant idea, correlating
      fuel
      availability to the engine with vacuum pressure sensing, so as not to
      waste fuel downhill. George, patent this!! All it takes is one good idea! $$
      Just my opinion, folks

      Ultrasonics: No, not a miraculous cure-all - just a cheap, quick fix that I bet would pay
      for itself in record time. I'm gonna try it on my tired ole green Datsun, probably in the
      next millenium when my life finally SETTLES DOWN enough to accomplish anything.

      On to the real reason I write: I was sent a recent article, either from the
      Seattle Times or Post Intelligencer, I don't know the date (the article is
      clipped) that chronicles the story of the "Plasmatron", a university-developed
      gadget that does alchemy on HC fuel.

      I'll excerpt:

      'PLASMATRON' MAY CLEAR THE AIR
      -Device could help cars' gas-burning efficiency

      It's called the plasmatron and some day it could power your car
      using the same process that fuels the sun, achieving a hundredfold reduction
      in smog producing emmisions.
      "and its completely compatible with existing automobile technology,"
      says
      Daniel Cohn, head of plasma technology at MIT

      the experimental plasmatron is small enough to fit on your car's carburetor,
      will likely cost only a few hundred dollars and converts gasoline
      or even corn oil into hydrogen gas with such high efficiency it may
      become one of our best weapons against air pollution.

      (snip)
      in 1993 alex rabinovich, the former Soviet scientist, came to MIT
      to continue his work in plasma physics
      rabinovich mentioned to cohn how he had set up a low-temperature plasma
      reactor using common fuels to give his lab
      more than the government allotted power supply.
      "that got us real excited", cohn said, "we started looking around for how
      we might put this to use."

      (snip)

      what they have arrived at after considerable tinkering is a plasmatron
      that converts some of the fuel to hydrogen gas that is fed
      back into the regular fuel supply. this hydrogen rich fuel is sent to the engine
      where the hydrogen allows the engine to burn the fuel much more efficiently at a lower temperature.
      [heat is waste energy, remember]

      (snip)

      jeff surma (snip) pushed the even more futuristic concept of burning mazola
      or any other kind of carbon-containing fuel in plasmatrons. (snip)...
      plasmatrons might reduce the need for oil refineries by essentially making the car a
      "mini refinery"

      (snip)
      [here's one for you, Dye]
      virden noted that plasmatrons could also be used together with the fuel cells
      being explored for use in electric cars. fuel cells run on hydrogen gas.

      [end of article]

      I know that was a sloppy job of transcribing, hope it was still legible.
      Am in a hurry.

      also, many of the "shelved" (read: government seized per patent law) hi-eff.carbs
      use a heated iron catalyst to "crack" gasoline HCs into alcohols, methane,
      ketones and o2. This process is what gives occasional reports of 500 mpg
      and other "absurd" efficiency ratings in mundane vehicles.
      It's because we're not burning petrol anymore but molecules which react
      with higher volumetric efficiency.
      When word started to spread about this technique, leaded fuel was introduced to
      the market. Even a TRACE of lead kills the catalytic effect of heated iron.
      Interesting, to watch the timing.

      The heated iron effect is for real, ask a chem buff

      Two final things:
      1. our cars are already electric. They are! The pressure which drives the
      collective piston of America is given by molecular repulsion.
      molecules repel because of their mutually negative electron "skin".
      The like charges repel, creating pressure in a confined system. (Combustion
      chamber, latex balloon, earth's atmosphere etc.)

      All combustion really does is
      a. increase total surface area (therefore repulsion) of combust.chamber molecules,
      by breaking them into smaller pieces from the original larger HCs. Attraction
      and repulsion are functions of surface area.
      b. increase temperature, which moves the molecules randomly closer to each other
      (remember the formula for EM attraction/repulsion is an inverse square law) - do
      the math, it increases the repulsion (this is why gas pressure rises with
      temperature, it's an electron-skin phenomenon. Electrical repulsion!)

      We all own electric cars ALREADY.
      Too bad the discarded electron carriers brown the horizon
      of this beautiful rock we share. Ignorance is smog.

      There are ways to increase the mutual repulsion, but they are proprietary,
      let it be known that it is possible. I know of 3 ways, I suspect there are more.

      Treat it as an electrical problem, not a chemical one.

      Thing 2:
      The notion of "fuel" is a fallacy. The force that motivates every fuel to react,
      every molecule to repel, every magnet to attract, so on, so on -
      the driving force behind every physical process of change is one and the same on the
      subatomic level. It's all about "fields in space"... these "fields" govern
      what binds together or flies apart. "Fields" are the only thing that have ever
      moved atoms. Push against something, you're not even touching it, only a
      thin, repulsive electric field. THIS is all you are feeling!!
      You are hovering a few angstroms above your chair as you read this.
      The pressure you feel is, again, an
      electrical charge interaction, between the electron skin on your skin and that
      on the object you're pushing against.

      All we see, all we touch: electrons. This is the subatomic reality

      Feynman proved that there is no such thing as a "field", in and of itself.
      Tesla knew this a century beforehand.

      Space may contain the
      potential for a field, but without an object to act upon, (electron, etc.)
      only the POTENTIAL for that field exists.

      Bear with me, folks. Please be this truth known.

      By adjusting that POTENTIAL directly, one can mimic the energy pattern of
      any fuel or physical energy process.
      Even mimicry becomes unneccessary, ambient energy can be directly released
      with no middleman.

      The fuel is the body, a body with no ghost inside is dead.
      The spatial potential is the ghost, the true energy manifesting thru the "fuel".
      The fuel, per se, is our limited physical excuse for an energy carrier.
      It is the same fallacy as believing our bodies are the extent of our being.
      We are wrong to think "fuel" has much to do with the actual energy, aside from
      focusing it, and rendering it physically tangible, just as your body does
      for your spirit.

      The energy (charge) structure of the "fuel" is what contains the true oomph
      and zip. It's not the solid object, it's the immaterial motivation.

      When we become collectively enlightened to the degree necessary to realize this,
      we will be ready to let the polarization of vacuum energy do all the work.
      It has been doing so already, since creation.
      Not a thing has moved without it, from day one.
      Vacuum energy is the home of all quanta, "quanta" (energy units) are its children,
      as drops are to the ocean.

      Though energy has always been "free", "free energy" deserves to be called Ambient
      Energy, it is a much more accurate term, and far less misleading.

      The only thing we ever run out of is the physical cages that hold finite
      amounts of this primal energy. We name these cages hydrocarbons or uranium or
      breakfast cereal.

      The cage is no longer necessary once we understand what lives inside it.
      Knowledge is power, we all know that. Literally, it is true.

      I would encourage all you people reading this to meditate and reflect upon the
      true nature and source of all energy, while you are tinkering with your
      carburetors, fuel cells and antigravitators.

      Fuel is a lie, so long as we assume it to be the source of energy.
      Fuel just lets this energy out, and there are other ways to let the energy
      out that do not consume resources.

      We are so well trained to think otherwise!

      -Graham
    • George Wiseman
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 1999
        >that there is some discussion here as of late, pertaining to high mileage
        >carbs and the theoretical maxima of such. My employer's brother developed a
        >magnetic/vapor carburetor about 8 years ago which roughly tripled gas
        >mileage,
        >they recorded 68 mpg on a Chevy 454 towing rig with a 2-ton payload, under
        >stop-go driving conditions that included steep hills.
        >Apparently there are affidavits collaborating this.

        Can you give more details on how I can reach your employer's brother? I
        collect such stories.

        >I have thought that ultrasonics could fit in nicely here.

        There have been a lot of fuel savers that used ultrasonics. The idea is
        good but there are easier and more effective ways. I cover some of them
        in the archives of supercarbs@...

        >I personally think Mr George Hathaway has a brilliant idea, correlating
        >fuel
        >availability to the engine with vacuum pressure sensing, so as not to
        >waste fuel downhill. George, patent this!! All it takes is one good idea! $$
        >Just my opinion, folks

        I know and greatly respect George Hathaway, but I'm not him. My Name is
        George Wiseman :)))
        Also, I do not patent any of my innovations or those developed through my
        cooperation with nearly 30,000 people worldwide. I firmly believe that
        for this type of technology to reach the marketplace patents are the
        worst way to go. For more details, check out:
        http://www.eagle-research.com/nopatent/patfree.html

        George Wiseman <wiseman@...>
        President, CEO of Eagle-Research
        http://www.eagle-research.com
      • Steve Elswick
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 13, 1999
          I about fell out of my chair laughing when I saw the Plasmatron... it looks
          a lot like Paul Pantone's original GEET device. Even the descriptions in the
          article could have been lifted from some of the articles published in Exotic
          Research Report. So it appears mainstream science finally caught up to what
          Exotic Research has been publicly saying for years that low temp plasmas are
          possible)!!!! ... a reversal on the position many professors argued with me
          on.

          Paul's device really does work. I have a 10hp version I ran on exotic fuels
          like Barqs Root Beer took it right out a naysayers hand abdpoured it inot
          the clear glass jar used as a fuel tank... try that in your car.. NOT! at
          least not before you install a GEET device! But DO NOT take my word for it.
          There are a free set of plans laying in the resource center... go to
          http://www.exoticresearch.com and everything else is self explanatory. We
          will be doing an article in the near future about the plasmatron... whic is
          an extremely inefficient version of Paul Pantone's GEET device... they use a
          preheater on the fuel to heat it up for starters (Paul's uses the heat off
          the engine). While you are up there check out the few abstracts we have
          posted for Conference 2000, Jul 27-30.

          Steven R. Elswick, Publisher
          --- Fay Fournet, Asst Publishher
          Exotic Research Report
          exotic@...
          http://www.exoticresearch.com

          >I have had no spare time lately to read the daily reviews or submit to the
          list.
          >Sorry, things are incredibly hectic. Too much not enough.
          >
          >I just clicked on the most recent digest and found - among all the
          unsubscribes -
          >that there is some discussion here as of late, pertaining to high mileage
          >carbs and the theoretical maxima of such. My employer's brother developed a
          >magnetic/vapor carburetor about 8 years ago which roughly tripled gas
          mileage,
          >they recorded 68 mpg on a Chevy 454 towing rig with a 2-ton payload, under
          >stop-go driving conditions that included steep hills.
          >Apparently there are affidavits collaborating this.
          >
          >I believe these figures agree with Al Francoeur's data?
          >-that is, roughly a tripling of efficiency.
          >
          >I have thought that ultrasonics could fit in nicely here. Ever seen those
          >miniature bansai sculptures in overpriced yuppie stores that have little
          >miniature waterfalls and the like, replete with falling vapor mist?
          >
          >There is a small ultrasonic transducer which achieves this effect. Costs
          >about $70 to buy (much cheaper to build :), drop some water on the little
          >brass circle and watch it fume away. Works real fast. Draws about an amp at
          12V.
          >It occurs to me that such a transducer could be placed below the throttle
          >body of any vehicle to at least increase the atomization (surface area) of
          >the gasoline, if not totally vaporizing it. This is a more efficient method
          >than gross heating of the fuel/air mixture. Tuning would be a factor, as
          >standing waves would likely develop in the intake manifold.
          >
          >I personally think Mr George Hathaway has a brilliant idea, correlating
          >fuel
          >availability to the engine with vacuum pressure sensing, so as not to
          >waste fuel downhill. George, patent this!! All it takes is one good idea!
          $$