Going off-grid is not expensive!

  • lamar5292
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2009
      Going off-grid and using solar/wind does not have to be expensive.

      I built my solar cabin for under $2000 with all new materials except for doors and windows.

      My 350 watt solar electric cost under $2000 and runs my water pump, lights, tvs, stereo, laptop and gadgets.

      I use propane for fridge, stove, OD water heater and furnace and fuel cost less than $200 a year.

      I have no house payments or monthly utility bills- life is great!

      LaMar
      www.simplesolarhomesteading.com
    • -magnetic moment
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2009
        --- On Wed, 7/1/09, lamar5292 <lamar5292@...> wrote:

        > I have no house payments or monthly utility bills-

        No wife.

        > life is
        > great!

        No doubt!