Re: [free_energy] Re: Way Forward

  • Autymn D. C.
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 28, 2009
      --- On Fri, 2/27/09, Tom Schum <thomasjschum@...> wrote:
      > lens in series with a diverging lens? To properly infringe his
      > invention one would use two converging lenses, which would also
      > eliminate Galileo's telescope from the market.

      "at least" one converging and one diverging lens
    • Tom Schum
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1, 2009
        I'm not an expert on Galilean telescopes, but I think he used one
        converging lens at the front of the tube and one diverging lens at the
        rear of the tube. The diverging lens is typically placed closer to the
        converging lens than the focal length of the converging lens, and the
        result is that the viewer sees an upright image.

        An alternate way to make a simple telescope works just as well but
        produces an inverted image. To do this one would use a converging lens
        at the front of the tube and a converging lens at the rear of the tube.

        Tom Schum

        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 7, 2009
          [wipe irrelevant reply]

          > > --- On Fri, 2/27/09, Tom Schum
          > <thomasjschum@...> wrote:
          > > > lens in series with a diverging lens? To
          > properly infringe his
          > > > invention one would use two converging lenses,
          > which would also
          > > > eliminate Galileo's telescope from the
          > market.
          > >
          > > "at least" one converging and one diverging
          > lens

          This would be the patent claim.