The fun in Physics

  • xingu1306
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
      What about the following statement:

      In present electromagnetics theory, charge and charged mass are
      falsely made identical. Actually, on a charged particle, the "charge" is
      the flux of virtual particles on the "bare particle" of observable mass.
      The charged particle is thus a "system" of true massless charge
      coupled to a bare chargeless mass. The observable "mass" is static,
      three-dimensional, and totally spatial. "Charge" is dynamic,
      fourdimensional or more, virtual and spatiotemporal. Further, the charge
      and observable mass can be decoupled, contrary to present theory.
      Decoupled charge -- that is, the absence of mass -- is simply what we
      presently refer to as "vacuum." Vacuum, spacetime, and massless
      charge are all identical.
      And all three of them are identically anenergy -- not energy, but more
      fundamental components of energy.
    • Gary S.
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2008
        What about it? I'd describe it as pure speculation based on an active
        imagination. Unless the author described some way to experimentally or
        observationally show that this was right it's all very entertaining,
        and that's about it.

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 11, 2008
          It seems I have, for a part, found the answer in a document of Mr.
          Niels Walet "Particle and Nuclear Physics" dated 2003, where a.o.
          things he is discussing the naive vacuum.

          Underneath I copy a part of the total text:

          6.4 Fluctuations of the vacuum
          The great problem is in understanding the meaning of virtual
          particles. Suppose we are studying the vacuum state in QED. We wish
          to describe this vacuum in terms of the states of no positrons,
          electrons and photons (the naive vacuum). Since these particles
          interact we have short-lived states where e+e- pairs, and photons,
          and .... appear for a short while and disappear again. This is also
          true for real particles: a real electron is a "bare" electron
          surrounded by a cloud of virtual photons, e+e- pairs, etc. A photon
          can be an e+e- pair part of the time, and more of such anomalies.
          - end quote

          Actually I think this is a great document, which gives partcle
          history together with some explanation on the various topics involved.
          So if you are interested you can find it on the internet. If you
          cannot find it, you can ask me.