Re: heat-power

  • Bruce A. Perreault
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 1999
      Trev Cox wrote:

      > > > I'm aware of that Bruce, but alot of people would argue that wood is a
      > > > renewable energy source if managed correctly. The reason I was asking is
      > > > because the area where I live has no mains electricity and many of my
      > > > neighbours spend alot of money on nearly useless windmills and solar
      > > > panels, and all the other bits needed to go with them just to generate
      > > > pathetic amounts of power, whilst running wood burning stoves for
      > > > heating & cooking. If a fraction of the heat generated could be
      > > > converted to usable 12V power it would make alot of them very happy.
      > > > Any ideas?
      > >

      > > * Yes, I have an idea for you. What about a pannel that is heat
      > > activated by the woodstove? It would have a power factor of about 800 watt
      > > hours per pound. They could be run for about three months then would have
      > > to be replaced.
      > > I can not say what the cost would be but will say that the ingrediants are
      > > fairly cheap.
      > >

      > > -BAP
      > >

      > Thanks Bruce,
      > sounds very interesting, would these be easy to construct?
      > What are the ingredients, how would they be put together and
      > What principles do they work on ?
      > Thanks again,
      > Trev.

      * Trev,

      I'm going to refer you to a patent that I found that will point
      you in the right direction. It is expired, so anyone can build
      this invention.

      http://www.patents.ibm.com/details?pn=US03787242__

      You could you a thermoelectric pannel but these are expensive and
      they are very limited in how much power that they can provide.

      http://www.jxcrystals.com/

      -Bruce A. Perreault