Magnetic Heatpump Concentrator

  • gary davies
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 1999
      Disciples,

      Our latest "Magnetic Heatpump Concentrator" design works like this.

      Magnetic flux varies with temperature of the magnet, a hot magnet is weak
      (off), a cold magnet it strong (on).

      So, we put multiple magnets in a thermally insulated ring rotating about its
      centre, so the flux can get out, not the heat, then pump the heat from one
      magnet (turn it on) to the other (turn it off) using a chemical heatpump.

      Wehaay!

      We have some interest...

      Dear SEP Applicant,

      In earlier communication we have advised of our plans to focus our funding
      around a small number of themes and that we would shortly be issuing
      Requests for Proposals. (RFPs). It has taken a little longer than expected,
      but we have almost completed the preparation for our new thematic funding
      approach.

      We will place full information about the new funding structure on our
      website at www.shellfoundation.org/sep in the near future and we will send
      you an email when this will be available.

      Than you for your patience and we look forward to engaging with you.

      Kind regards,

      Lucy Sandy
      Shell Foundation