diode array 050801 0030 HST

  • c_b_kauai
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1 3:22 AM
      I think that we on the diode array thread are discussing two separate
      machines that absorb heat while yielding electrical power. A
      photovoltaic cell that operates on ambient temperature IR will escape
      2LT. I think that proper design here is to have wide junctions that
      intercept a lot of thermally separated electron / hole pairs. These can
      be thin and stacked in series. The polarity is P region positive. The
      diode array is different. Each diode is small to minimize reverse
      leakage. The diodes are in parallel to aggregate intermittent current
      which travels all around the circuit. Johnson Noise expressed as
      electron current, electrons flowing from the N region to the P region,
      inside the originating diodes makes the P region negative, the opposite
      polarity. Smooth output diode arrays can be hooked in series to build
      voltage.

      Aloha, Charlie