Carbon nano tube utilization

  • Dr. Timothy GOLDSTEIN
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2004
      Is anyone in the group familiar with carbon nano tube utilization?

      Last year I visited the university of Tokushima in Japan and I was fortunate to get a meeting with professor Akamatsu. The reason that I went to Japan to meet with professor Akamatsu was because of an article that was published in the Japan Economic Newspaper back in June of 2002.

      Before I go any farther I think that I should explain something that happened before I read the article in the Japan Economic Newspaper.

      Back in Jan. of 1998 my wife and I went to the Philippines to visit her parents. While we were there her father asked if I would like to go with him to a lecture at the University of the Philippines. The lecture was about alternative energy given by Dr. Ben Schwartz from the Noah�s Ark Research Foundation. The lecture started at 8 am and ended at 12 noon. During the whole four hr. lecture Dr. Schwartz powered his public address system, an old 17 in. black and white television and two 100 watt light bulbs. He spoke about many different kinds of alternative energy but the one that I was most impressed with was has Electromagnetic Radiation Receiver that he was powering all his equipment with. His ERR as he called it looked too small and simple to power the inverter that he used to run all his equipment. His ERR device consisted of two nano tubes, two copper coils, two very strong magnets, a circuit board, a small DC volt meter and a three prong electrical outlet. At the beginning of
      his lecture I noticed that the reading on the volt meter was 13.6 DC volts and four hours later it was still reading 13.6 volts. I asked him if the ERR could be moved from the table to another part of the room and still produce power. He agreed and unplugged his pa system and allowed three people from the audience to carry the ERR, the television and the inverter to different parts of the room and it didn�t seem to effect its power output at all. We were also allowed to examine the table and it proved to be a light folding table. I found no source of power other than the ERR itself. The only thing that I found to be strange was when I used his metal ruler to test the magnets; I accidentally put the ruler across both magnets and the power shut down. Dr. Schwartz seemed to be a little upset because of the difficulty pulling the metal ruler off the magnets. After the ruler was removed the power came back on. When I asked him why the power went off he said that I shouldn�t short the
      magnets because it could damage the unit. He seemed irritated with me so I didn�t persist any farther.

      After his lecture I asked him if he could meet with my company to talk about possible investment in his ERR technology but he didn�t seem too interested in taking on investors.

      Soon after returning to the US I was able to convince my partner that it would worth it if we donated $100,000 to the Noah�s Ark Research Foundation. About a month later the money was returned to our bank. After many emails Dr. Schwartz replied, �I don�t except money from investors.� I figured that he was pissed at me because I shorted his unit or maybe I gave away his secret. I later found out from a source in Arizona that he�s a save the world freak and a very difficult person to work with. My partner thinks that he must have been transmitting the power from outside the room and picking it up with his ERR. He also thinks that he made bank interest on our money before he sent it back.

      For several years now I haven�t much about Dr. Schwartz�s ERR until I heard about the Japanese device at the University of Tokushima. After seeing both these devices I�m now convinced that both are using the same technology.

      Now let�s return to my meeting with professor Akamatsu. The professor was not much help as far as answering questions. It seems that the university is keeping most of their research a secret. When I asked him about Dr. Schwartz�s ERR he acknowledged knowing about it from a demonstration given by Dr. Schwartz to a group of Japanese in Tokyo. It seems that after he learned that I had seen the ERR he quickly cut off our meeting.

      I had the Japanese newspaper article about the University of Tokushima�s research translated into English so that I could include it in this post. I would appreciate any information that anyone might have concerning these two technologies. Any one who would like a copy of the original Japanese newspaper article I can send it to them.

      Thank you,

      Timothy Goldstein drtimothygoldstein@...

      Japan Economic Newspaper June 3, 2002

      Carbon nano meter tube utilization

      Solar cell generator developed by the university of Tokushima

      Professor Akamatsu of the University of Tokushima and JGS Co. a venture enterprise (Tokyo, Bungkyou and President is Mr. Jin Kitamura) have jointly developed a new type of the Solar Cell generator using carbon nano tube. They confirmed basic capacity with 8 percent conversion efficient to electricity as early stage.

      They say there are rooms to improve the efficient to overcome that of the existing solar battery.

      Carbon nano tube has a capability to emit electrons out of its tip when energy is given from outside. They made a system consist of two rods faced on each other a nano tube array on the carbon wafer and a stainless receiver rod.

      They tested 3cm by 3cm tow rods placed in the 5cm diameter, 10cm height glass bottle Distance between two rods is 0.5mm. They succeeded to extract 7.5percent of solar energy as electric energy.

      The conversion efficient can improve to make a uniform of nano tube array in a direction and distance between two rods short. The existing solar battery using silicon semiconductor is mainly used blue part of the light spectrum to convert to electricity. But this one can use the broad band of the spectrum from UV to far infra red. JGS Co. estimated they can get 4-5 times more efficient than that silicon type solar battery.

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1 9:15 AM
        People,

        I have been looking for information on free energy claims by Michael Marshall - please forward anything anyone knows to me.

        I offer a few things that crossed my mind as I read this: Seems funny that a simple device you saw making free energy in 1988 would be lanquishing for 17 years and then, those that are thought to have the Schwartz machine technology would be working on a better solar cell. Think about it, if you have a device with just magnets and a few parts that makes free DC energy in the 300 watt range, why would you leave it and then work on a 7% efficient solar cell. That doesn't add up.
        My theory is that one of the appliances thought to be running off the device was actually powering it via a secreted battery. Too bad you didn't have a chance to substitute in your own load, or try your own inverter. It does sound strange that he didn't take the $100,000 - Lee or Newman would have had that check cashed and gone for good in minutes. But perhaps (if it is a scam) he knew he couldn't fool a doctor for long - especially someone who at least made sure it all worked on the other side of the room. If it is a scam, he may have wanted an untrained uncritical old person - possibly a single investor for even more than $100,000.
        I feel bad you did all that travel and effort for nothing, but at least you haven't lost big money. There are so many different people just like Schwartz, I can't keep them all straight, I'll have to look through my records to see if anyone using his name has been making claims. If there was a victim and it has all played out, it is unlikely we would have heard about it. I disagree with your friend who thought that much power could be beamed in.

        If I was looking into the solar cell thing, I'd be interested in cost per watt and how long it can be hit with direct sunlight before degrading. There are a number of cutting edge developments in lowering solar photaic costs.

        eric Krieg
        PS: has anyone heard from that nut, Jack Carey?

> [...]
        >
        > Carbon nano tube has a capability to emit electrons out of its tip when energy is given from outside. They made a system consist of two rods faced on each other a nano tube array on the carbon wafer and a stainless receiver rod.
        >

        > They tested 3cm by 3cm tow rods placed in the 5cm diameter, 10cm height glass bottle Distance between two rods is 0.5mm. They succeeded to extract 7.5percent of solar energy as electric energy.
        >

        > The conversion efficient can improve to make a uniform of nano tube array in a direction and distance between two rods short. The existing solar battery using silicon semiconductor is mainly used blue part of the light spectrum to convert to electricity. But this one can use the broad band of the spectrum from UV to far infra red. JGS Co. estimated they can get 4-5 times more efficient than that silicon type solar battery.

      • Eric
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1 10:03 AM
          Dr. Goldstein and group,

          13.6 volts DC you say?

          Isn't it extraordinary that a car, RV or motorcycle battery puts out
          about the same voltage?

          Additionally, they will easily fit within a television and provide
          many watts of power for a limited time. The RV deep cycle batteries
          would be particularly useful for pulling off this scam. They are
          built to run similar devices in an RV, for limited periods!

          I'd say this sounds like a total scam.

          Eric (the other Eric)

          P.S. If you still have that spare $100,000... :)
        • Bob Lerwill
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1 3:01 PM
            Interesting post.

            It brings up three possibilities:
            1. Dr Schwartz has found a source of free energy
            2. Dr Schartz is a scammer who has fooled Dr Goldstein into thinking
            he has found free energy (but appears to not want his money!)
            3. Dr Goldstein has some scheme of his own and is not telling us the
            truth.

            If 1 is true, we shall have to await further evidence.

            If 2 is true, it is not at all clear what Dr Schwartz has to gain
            from the exercise. It would be a traditional confidence trick to
            refuse or even return investment money if the scammer has their
            sights on an even greater prize, but a figure of $100,000 returned
            suggests a very ambitous scheme. On the assumption that Dr Goldstein
            is above board, and I would prefer to make such an assumption, I
            would be interested to know the following details.

            You say that the apparatus consisted solely of two nanotubes, two
            magnets, two copper coils, a PC board a DC meter and a three pin
            outlet. Leaving aside the other items. exactly what form did the
            nanotubes take? nanotubes are too small to see with the naked eye.
            What actually did you see that fits the description "two nanotubes"?

            What was the arrangement of the above items with respect to each
            other?

            The description above makes the unjustified assumption that the
            powered equipment (the light bulbs, the television and the PA) did
            not contain any hidden power source. Three people helped carry the
            equipment across the room. Do you think by the weight of these items
            that it was possible that any of them contained a battery? would it
            be possible to ask any of them. The television would be favourite.

            You say that the equipment stopped working when you placed a metal
            rule across the magnets. This would be consistent with the notion
            that the magents were essential to the operation. It would also be
            consistent with the idea that "shorting" the magnetic field caused
            any damage to the equipment. Magnets can lose their magnetisim when
            hit, and can even shatter. On the other hand, if the magnets were
            electrically connected to the output, shorting them would certainly
            raise the risk of shorting the equipment. Was there any evidence that
            the magnets had electrical connections to them?

            The third possibility is that Dr Goldstein himself is perpetrating a
            fraud. It is a possibility that that total nincompoop Ali Bali Gumba
            has raised, but nevertheless it has to be considered. As yet I see no
            evidence for it, he does not seem to have anything to gain by it, but
            he should be aware that we will have to consider the possibility. I
            hope he shall not take any offence.

            Bob Lerwill

            --- In free_energy@yahoogroups.com, "Dr. Timothy GOLDSTEIN"

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 2 8:28 PM
              Mr. Eric Krieg,

              The reason that I joined this group was because I�m interested in alternative energy and I thought that I would be communicating with people that had more knowledge on the subject than I did. Obviously I�m not an energy expert but I do have good common sense and I don�t have any trouble reading and understanding English. Someone who doesn�t pay much attention to small details is the kind of person that would make a lot of mistakes evaluating what other people are saying. I never said that I seen a free energy device in 1988, what I said was that back in Jan of 1998 I seen a device that was able to power a 17 in. television, two 100 watt light bulbs and a public address system. And who is Michael Marshall?

              You asked me why I would leave a 300 watt free energy device and then work on a 7% efficient solar cell. Your right, if that was really what I said then it wouldn�t add up. If you will read my post you�ll notice that I tried very hard to invest in Dr. Schwartz�s research but he turned me down. My partner even sent him money for his research and he returned it.

              I may not know as much about free energy as you do but I�m not stupid. I did check the tv and the inverter and they both seemed of normal weight and size. The tv was an old black and white GE and I was able to see inside because there was a 4 or 5 in. hole in the back of the case. All I could see was the picture tube and a normal circuit board. From the looks of the bigger hole and the two small holes in the case I would say that a light socket or something was attached to it at one time or another. The inverter also looked like an older 500 watt model that had no panel on the bottom and a heat sink on the side that was hot too the touch. The public address system was a RCA portable type that had a large battery case on the bottom. The cover of the battery case was missing and a long cord was spliced onto the red and black wires inside the case.

              You said that there are many different people just like Dr. Schwartz, are you saying that has device is a scam? He seemed like a very intelligent and reputable person but if you can find out any information about him I would appreciate it. I wrote to the university but the only thing that they would say is that he was a professor there in the early 70�s.

              Thanks for the help, I learned something new from you and that's why I joined this group.
              Have a nice day,

              Tim

              erickrieg@... wrote:
> [...]

              > Carbon nano tube has a capability to emit electrons out of its tip when energy is given from outside. They made a system consist of two rods faced on each other a nano tube array on the carbon wafer and a stainless receiver rod.
              >

              > They tested 3cm by 3cm tow rods placed in the 5cm diameter, 10cm height glass bottle Distance between two rods is 0.5mm. They succeeded to extract 7.5percent of solar energy as electric energy.
              >

              > The conversion efficient can improve to make a uniform of nano tube array in a direction and distance between two rods short. The existing solar battery using silicon semiconductor is mainly used blue part of the light spectrum to convert to electricity. But this one can use the broad band of the spectrum from UV to far infra red. JGS Co. estimated they can get 4-5 times more efficient than that silicon type solar battery.

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT