Tesla

  • jupiter1945@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2000
      Mark, you did not read the question either -- besides, Who asked you?
      Jupiter

      Mark Harrison writes
      <**** You have a lot of nerve asking for evidence when you have done
      everything but doing the same.
    • Milan Manchich
      Message 2 of 3 , May 25, 2000
        Dear Dieter,

        Dear Milan: There is no quarrel over anything here. The fact is that Ferraris was the first to develop and formalize the theory underlying the polyphase AC induction motor. And yes, Tesla was the first to file for patents on his version thereof (AC polyphase induction motor, reluctance variety) and the first to attempt to commercialize the same, with Westinghouse of course.
        True. Looks that Tesla was first then Marconi, but court said Marconi.
        This is not metter for me. Tesla made many projects and he is known
        with his all opus.

         And Dobrowolsky was the first to develop and file for patents on a different type of AC induction motor: "the squirrel-cage" form which had substantial efficiency, compared to others.

        Also True.

          As to some being offended, this extends all the way from those who consider Tesla as the penultimate genius for his later work with high frequency alternating RF fields and the "Tesla Coil", and to those who think of him as the great American inventor for his work with AC and Westinghouse (when even at March 1889, he stated that he was Nikola Tesla, from Smiljan, Lika, border country of Austria-Hungary, a subject of the Emperor of Austria.... as per US patent No.406,968.)

        Yes I knew that naturally.  Maybe I'm not impartial about  Tesla because he was Serb and I'm too.
        He made mistakes- why not and others did.
        Hi was senil in his later years- why not and others was.
        Hi was (is) inspiration for many people from his age until now. Maybe more than others?
        This is not important, he was (is) great name of our history like others.
        But I don't like too when several persones (HOWLERS) want to say that he has just a few
        good hits in his earler life. This statements  looks also out of reality .

          Anyway, I am mainly concerned with scientific history, not political history. Thanks for your comments though. Cheers for now - Dieter

        Cheers for you too- Milan

      • Andy Cleary
        Message 3 of 3 , May 25, 2000
           > True. Looks that Tesla was first then Marconi, but court said Marconi .

          I thought Tesla was pronounced the founder of radio by the U.S. Supreme Court.  That is what I have read in several sources.  When was that verdict changed?

          -Andy Cleary