Re: [fred_harvey] Re: Your invitation to a Havey House event

  • Dolores Mosser
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008
      We have some "girls" on our Board that help with the Harvey Girl look. You might like to know about  a play produced, called the Harvey Girls, this summer in Post Texas at the Garza Theater. It was wonderful and those Harvey Girls looked great, I need them to do a dinner theater at the HH. We are working toward that. Our caterer is not to impressed with the HH recipes, not enough flavor for folks these days I am told, but she is modifying them a bit to spice things up. By the way I LOVED your business cards you left for us. Did you do the design for the back? I need that on my cards. Happy weekend to all, Dolores

      Michael McMillan <harvey_house@...> wrote:
      Dolores,

      Thank you for telling the group about this. Are there going to be
      Harvey Girls...? That'd be a good way to contribute to the classiness
      of the event. Fred Harvey recipes could be used, too.

      I hope you get a good turnout!

      Sincerely,

      Michael

      --- In fred_harvey@ yahoogroups. com, Dolores Mosser
      <doloresmosser@ ...> wrote:

      > Looking for a special way to say "I LOVE YOU!"
      > On Valentine's Day, bring someone you love to
      > the Harvey House of Slaton, Texas.
      > We will be hosting our First Annual Sweethearts Luncheon.
      > Thursday, February 14th -- 11:00 to 2:00
      > Chef Ann Cofield will present a wonderful buffet.
      > Dessert and drinks are included in the price of $25.00 per couple,
      > and everyone will receive a sweet treat to take home.
      > Tours of the Harvey House are also available.
      > This is the first of our "Taste of the Harvey House" events.
      > Reservations are required, 806-828-4834, or 806-777-6626
      > The Harvey House is located at 400 Railroad Ave.
      > (NE of the downtown square) in the Railroad District.
      > Hope to see you on Valentine's Day, Warm regards, Dolores Mosser

    • Michael McMillan
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008
        > We have some "girls" on our Board that help with the Harvey Girl
        > look. You might like to know about a play produced, called the
        > Harvey Girls, this summer in Post Texas at the Garza Theater. It
        > was wonderful and those Harvey Girls looked great, I need them to
        > do a dinner theater at the HH. We are working toward that.

        That Harvey Girl play would be great to see, I'm sure. We saw the
        Garza Theater mentioned in some of the area guides we had. Sounds
        like a big local attraction. I really liked the interesting
        architecture of the train depot in Post. Somebody should fix that up.

        > Our caterer is not to impressed with the HH recipes, not enough
        > flavor for folks these days I am told, but she is modifying them a
        > bit to spice things up.

        Okay. Sounds like she is using them for reference, at least.

        > By the way I LOVED your business cards you left for us. Did you do
        > the design for the back?

        Thanks. It is a marquetry (wood veneer) picture I made last year. The
        Harvey Girl is 1 foot from bow to toe, to give you an idea of the
        size. Look in the Group's Photo Albums under "Marquetry" for two
        bigger views than the business card.

        Sincerely,

        Michael