Need help quickly!

  • Sandie Olson
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
      Our artifact people are working fast at the Waynoka Harvey House.  I bought a wood-and-glass cigar case on ebay sometime ago that says "Santa Fe" on the front, hoping it was from a Fred Harvey cigar stand. Can anyone help me with this? Was it from a Fred Harvey shop? Thanks for any help.

      Sandie

      On 9/24/07, Michael McMillan < harvey_house@... > wrote:

      Thank you, Donna. I need to get back to some of my other pictures I've
      already begun.

      Welcome to the group!

      --Michael

      --- In fred_harvey@yahoogroups.com, "Donna L. Carlaw" <dlkaijala@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello, Michael,
      > I just saw the photo of your Harvey Girl. It's beautiful.
      >

      > Donna

    • michael bishop
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
        Sandie,
        Without seeing the case, one thought as to what it might be is, The Santa Fe Cigar Company, just as other tobacco companies used to supply to reseller with cases for there stores which would have their name on it. When I was little, I remember going to the smoke shop with my mother to buy Dutch Master Cigars for a great uncle as a Christmas gift. I was always amazed with the art work on some of the cases.

         Michael

      • Sandie Olson
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
          Was there any connection to the Santa Fe Railroad? Thanks.
          Sandie

          On 10/2/07, michael bishop <goldrod_1@...> wrote:

          Sandie,
          Without seeing the case, one thought as to what it might be is, The Santa Fe Cigar Company, just as other tobacco companies used to supply to reseller with cases for there stores which would have their name on it. When I was little, I remember going to the smoke shop with my mother to buy Dutch Master Cigars for a great uncle as a Christmas gift. I was always amazed with the art work on some of the cases.

           Michael

        • Michael McMillan
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
            Sandie,

            I couldn't get to their home page from work [http://www.sfcigar.com],
            but it looks like a company in Santa Fe, NM.

            510 Galisteo St
            Santa Fe, NM 87501
            Phone: (505) 982-1044

            --Michael

            --- In fred_harvey@yahoogroups.com, "Sandie Olson" <sandie.olson@...>
            wrote:

            > Was there any connection to the Santa Fe Railroad? Thanks.
            > Sandie
            >
            > On 10/2/07, michael bishop <goldrod_1@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Sandie,
            > > Without seeing the case, one thought as to what it might be is,
            The Santa
            > > Fe Cigar Company, just as other tobacco companies used to supply
            to reseller
            > > with cases for there stores which would have their name on it.
            When I was
            > > little, I remember going to the smoke shop with my mother to buy
            Dutch
            > > Master Cigars for a great uncle as a Christmas gift. I was always
            amazed
            > > with the art work on some of the cases.
            > >
            > > Michael
          • Sandie Olson
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
              MIchael,

              Thank you very much. This will be a big help.

              Sandie

              wrote:

              > Was there any connection to the Santa Fe Railroad? Thanks.
              > Sandie
              >
              > On 10/2/07, michael bishop <goldrod_1@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Sandie,
              > > Without seeing the case, one thought as to what it might be is,
              The Santa
              > > Fe Cigar Company, just as other tobacco companies used to supply
              to reseller
              > > with cases for there stores which would have their name on it.
              When I was
              > > little, I remember going to the smoke shop with my mother to buy
              Dutch
              > > Master Cigars for a great uncle as a Christmas gift. I was always
              amazed
              > > with the art work on some of the cases.
              > >
              > > Michael

            • michael bishop