Ride Raton Pass: Chic ago – Albuquerque – Chicago Prices : Private Rail Car Trip : Dome-Open Obs

  • evan_stair
    Message 1 of 2 , May 29, 2013
      Subject:  Chicago – Albuquerque – Chicago Prices : : Private Rail Car Trip

      Hello all,
           We still have room on our Chicago – Albuquerque, October Trip.  However, time is running short and we need an answer by July 1.
           The car we have selected is a moving hotel-restaurant on wheels.  Dine in the dome, let the breeze blow through your hair on the open observation deck, or just relax in the downstairs lounge or your room.  The experience is one you will not soon forget.  In fact this trip might not be one that will be repeated.  Amtrak will likely cease running over Raton Pass, through western Kansas, southeast Colorado, and northern New Mexico in 2016.  Don’t miss this opportunity.
           I am pricing this trip per bed. If you are traveling as a couple you will have your own private room with private restroom. If you are traveling alone, you will be paired with someone else (bunk beds essentially). All the rooms have lavatories. There is also a shower on the car. The floor plan and photos are shown on the Sierra Hotel website http://www.sierrahotel.com/ Of course the Albuquerque Balloon Festival will be occurring while we are in town. http://www.balloonfiesta.com/event-info/event-schedule.  Then of course there is Chicago you can visit while you wait on the train and when you return.
           Finally we are seeking input on two different scenarios which vary in price a little.  Only one of these options will run. We will work out payment details if you decide to ride with us. Please let me know which you prefer.

      If you know someone who might be interested feel free to forward this message:

      Option 1) Layover in Albuquerque :
      Per Bed $3,472.25 (Sierra Hotel)
      (potential of an up to $313.50 rebate if Amtrak switches in Albuquerque)
      October 10, Thursday (Dinner provided on the car)
      2:00 PM Boarding at Chicago Union Station
      3:00 PM Leave Chicago
      October 11, Friday (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner provided in the car)
      3:55 PM Arrive in Albuquerque
      October 12, Saturday
      Layover in Albuquerque
      October 13, Sunday (Lunch, Dinner provided in the car)
      12:10 PM Leave Albuquerque
      October 14, Monday (Breakfast and Lunch provided in the car)
      3:15 PM Arrive Chicago
      Option 2) Overnight – Morning in Albuquerque :
      Per Bed $3,300.00 (Sierra Hotel)
      (potential of an up to $313.50 rebate if Amtrak switches in Albuquerque)
      October 10, Thursday (Dinner provided on the car)
      2:00 PM Boarding at Chicago Union Station
      3:00 PM Leave Chicago
      October 11, Friday (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner provided in the car)
      3:55 PM Arrive in Albuquerque
      October 12, Saturday (Lunch and Dinner in the car (maybe Lunch))
      12:10 PM Leave Albuquerque
      October 13, Sunday (Breakfast and Lunch provided in the car)
      3:15 PM Arrive Chicago

      Thanks for considering this trip.  I hope you can make it. E-mail ASAP!
      Evan Stair
      405.204.5801

    • Susan Hershberger
      Message 2 of 2 , May 29, 2013
        DO contact the Harvey House in Belen, NM.  They can provide speakers for you.  Dr. Melzer is affiliated with them.

        We have a home in Belen where an original Harvey House Museum is located.

        Susan Hershberger
        Phone number  1-480-823-8046
        "All I want is to travel the world, read books that take my breath away, and occasionally write something meaningful."