Re: [fred_harvey] Standing Concrete Ashtray

  • E&R Miller
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 14, 2013
      no doubt, but could it have been in the Bisonte?

      I posted to the Santa Fe list and the FH list.

      Eric

      On Apr 14, 2013, at 7:34 PM, Charles Harvey wrote:

      Looks like a Santa Fe thing not a Fred Harvey thing

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Apr 14, 2013, at 7:13 PM, E&R Miller <dosokies@...> wrote:

      Anybody ever seen one of these? I was told this one came from the Bisonte in Hutchison, Kansas. I picked it up in Kansas probably 20 years ago. The design is very art decco-ish. It is also in great condition. It is 20 inches high and 12 by 12. It is also heavy.

      The basin is 5 inches deep. Colors are black and brownish/red. My pic does not do it justice, but it an old pic. I'm just too lazy to take a new one, but maybe I should.

      Eric

    • Michael McMillan
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 14, 2013
        Well, they were Santa Fe Hotels. I checked the archive photos for one, but didn't notice any. I didn't know there was a predecessor to the Bisonte, shown here with a Santa Fe Hotel sign. Resembles the Bisonte some...