Re: Find Fred! -- #55

  • Verne Brummel
    Message 1 of 173 , Oct 19, 2012
      Yes, at Belvidere. Back in the Fred Harvey days, it seems that people were less in a hurry than they are now. Although we occasionally stopped at Des Plaines, Belvidere was the one that we most frequently stopped at. I was a kid then, and don't really remember the Harvey girl waitresses as much as the good food that we enjoyed.

      Verne Brummel,
      Fitchburg,WI

      --- In fred_harvey@yahoogroups.com, Michael McMillan <yello_armadillo@...> wrote:

      > Yes, I really enjoyed the San Diego station, Verne. Really classy. Beautiful wall tile and neat arched ceiling.

      > Did you stop at any of the Oases?
      >
      > You can see my visit to the Hinsdale one last year on my website:
      > http://harvey-house.info/illinois_chicago_2
      >
      > Regards,
      > Michael

    • Michael
      Message 173 of 173 , Nov 8, 2012
        Sorry for the delay, Abbey. I was out of town and the solution image was at work.

        The answer is: Tulsa! For the complete image:

        Regards,

        Michael