Fwd: Harvey House Cars

  • sfrr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2010

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Robert Chaparro <chiefbobbb@...>
      To: SANTAFE@...
      Sent: Fri, Dec 3, 2010 9:52 am
      Subject: Re: Harvey House Cars

      Ray –

      My notes on this, which I believe came from C. Keith Jordan, indicate Santa Fe operated a few meat reefers.  There were  twenty cars in classes Rr-14 and -15, all of them off the roster by the end of 1947, and ten Rr-55s modified in 1964, which lasted only a few years in meat service.

      These 30 ice bunker cars were the only Santa Fe reefers which had meat hook racks, and these appear to have been used for on-line Harvey House service.

      This would be a place to start.

      Bob Chaparro
      Citrus Industry Modeling Group