FDR quote please help

  • andrewsaidesq
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2000
      For an article on tax policy, I want to quote
      Franklin Roosevelt from a<br>speech given on 21 October
      1936: "Taxes, after all, are the dues that we<br>pay
      for the privileges of membership in an organized
      society." I've seen<br>this in a book of quotations, but do
      not have a cite to a more authentic<br>source. can
      anyone help me find the speech?
    • anaelprobe
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 23, 2001
        I'm doing a prodject on FDR. please help me with all the info you know about him