Art thing...

  • The LeBlanc's
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 26, 2013
      This is the art thing I was talking about yesterday...
      From: "crop_it_right" <crop_it_right@...>
      Date: March 14, 2013, 9:47:05 PM EDT
      To: MaineHomeschooling@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [MaineHomeschooling] Barry Stebbing is coming to Madison, ME

        Hey all! I just got to chat with Mr. Stebbing today. He is excited to be coming back to Maine!!!

      Mr. Stebbing (How Great Thou ART Publications) will be coming through our state in June 2013 to teach 3 day art classes to homeschoolers. He and his wife have been instructing throughout North America for the past 15 years and now estimate they have personally instructed over 60,000 students. The workshop is for ages 5 thru adult and includes fundamentals of beginning drawing, academics of beginning painting, color theory with colored markers & pencils, and art appreciation. Price for the class is $27.00, all inclusive (with the exception of colored markers and colored pencils - which can be purchased at registration). We encourage you to take advantage of this inspiring and academic instruction, all with a Godly point of view.

      He will be in Madison a three day art workshop June 10-12th at Crossroads Bible Church. Class will run from 9-11:30am. Cost is $27 per student. It MUST be paid in advance - no later than May 31st. There will be a $3 late charge added to anyone paying after that date. And due to space restrictions, you MUST pre-register with me in order to attend the class. I cannot guarantee we will have a spot for anyone coming in the day of the class.

      This class is designed for children ages 5 and up. Adults are also encouraged to participate. Adults helping their children or observing the class are free. If you want to actively participate in the class, please register and pay the fee. This helps to cover the cost of materials provided. Any child age 5 or 6 (or any you feel may need it - please judge your own child), should have an adult helper with them. I will be working to find some childcare for those who may need to help children. PLEASE do not bring toddlers to the class!!! I will either have child care arranged or please do so on your own. This is an INTENSE 2-1/2 hour class. It moves fast. Let's have an active learning environment free from as many distractions as we can mange. THANK YOU!

      Every student will need a good set of 12-colored pencils and 8-watercolor markers. No sharing please. The class moves fast and it will not work if you are sharing colors. Please note.... I have had my older boys take this 3-day class about four years ago. At the time I brought along some cheap RoseArt supplies. I HIGHLY recommend getting the Prismacolor ones IF YOU CAN as it will make a huge difference at the class. If you can't find them locally, Mr. Stebbings will have supplies available to purchase and this can be done at on the morning of the first class. He also mentioned that they now carry a sketchbook as well that he recommends for $4.50 that can also be purchased that day. The prices for other recommended supplies is on the registration form.

      Please check out this link to Facebook (you do not need to be logged in to Facebook or have an account to view this sample) to see a sample of what will be taught that day: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=235125333195572

      I have registration forms available. You can view the form on line HERE: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzaWj8abbwuVcll4VHZ4ZXlpRjg/edit?usp=sharing

      Please fill out and return it to me with your payment for all students participating no later than May 31st.

      Let me know if you have any questions!

      Lisa B.
    • rlnlandal
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 26, 2013
        Sorry all I was trying to email this to a friend and ended up putting it here.... computer illiterate today!!