New Member- The Summit: In Concert

  • brotherplacid
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 25, 2001
      Hello I am new to this club and a new fan of
      Frank Dean And Sammy. I discovered my love for this
      music after getting the soundtrack for "What Women
      Want". After I got the albumn "The Summit; In Concert".
      I love the way these guys pick on ech other
      especially Sammy. I purchased another album "Robin And The
      Seven Hoods". It was great and from this movie we got
      the song "Style". Now for those of you do not know
      Robin an The Seven Hoods was a movie that came out in
      1964 I believe. It is a gangster yarn set in the
      prohibition years and it is a funny movie. If you have not
      yet seen it, it's worth a look. It may be out on
      video. This movie features Fank Sinatra, Dean
      Martin,Bing Crosby,Sammy Davis jr. and Peter Falk. Thats
      right Mr Columbo himself. This may have been his first
      movie. He even sings or at least tries to. lol.
      Interesting background on this movie President Kennedy was
      assassinated and Frank Sinatra was kidknapped during filming,
      both of which delayed filming. Both Summt and Robin
      and seven hoods are pricy, they are called 24 karat
      Gold discs and they are actually Gold in colorand run
      between $31-$37 dollars depending on where you go. These
      are not two CD sets althoughth Summit is about an
      hour long maybe longer. Seven Hoods is normal length
      CD but fetures studio chatter. The songs were all
      rerecorded in studio because the sountrack side of movies
      was not a very clean recording due to limitations on
      the type of material and tecchnology they recorded
      movies with back then. Any of you familiar with REPRISE
      Records? Did you know Frank Sinatra and the rest of the
      Rat Pack started that label? I didn't until I
      purchased a two cd set called: Sinatra;A Man And His Music.
      Lots of narration between songs. Also an excellent CD,
      it includes some his greatest songs and he talks
      about his history how he got started, and includes a
      bit where the three appeared together in Las Vegas.
      Well, I didn't mean to flap my gums so long, just glad
      to be among fellow connesiurs of good music. Thank
      You, and Good Night. Bob Fairchild
    • teresaclarke
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 25, 2001
        Hello<br> Welcome to the club,And a new fan so you <br>final discovered how great they all are.
      • sandradee2220
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 2, 2001
          I heard a rumor from a friend in Las Vegas that
          the city is going to have a new TV commercial out
          this week that has a new Frank Sinatra song called
          "It's Time for You." I can't find any info about it
          because it's unreleased. Does anyone here have any info?
        • SJTemplar
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 12, 2001
            Hello!<br><br>Wanted to let you know about a
            Live365 station where you can hear the Rat Pack! It's
            called Rat Pack Live! With great response we plan on
            launching a love version of the show on LVRocks.com (Live
            from Vegas) with interviews from impersonators, and
            those who were there. Come lets us know if this is
            something that might be exciting to do, tell your
          • elysiumchaos
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 13, 2001
              thought you all might be interested. On november
              20 THE RAT PACK is coming out with 2 new EEE-O-11
              and THE RAT PACK LIVE AT THE SANDS. Live at the sands
              includes previously unreleased tracks taken from live
              performances at the Copa Room.
            • linda_ann_10
              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 19, 2001
                It comes in your Yahoo or hotmail (I received it
                FOUR TIMES TODAY!!) it is
                have no clue what kind of virus it is, but IT IS A
                VIRUS!!<br><br>The sender is "nobody" for Yahoo Mail and "Unknown"
                in hotmail.<br><br>LINDA