Show me Your Tears

  • doesticks
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
      I have acquired a promo copy of Show Me Your Tears and I have to say
      that I am disappointed. The last three albums have not been doing it
      for me. I love the 1998 - 1999 Catholics, the rocking, loud band.
      This Americana, honky-tonk trip Frank is on is wearing thin with me.
      Some of the songs sound like plodding limericks set to unimaginative
      blues changes.

      Sorry to say this. I hope my opinion changes with more listenings.
    • ed gocek
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
        I agree the current direction is more blusy or mellow than what the band did in the time period that you mentioned. But it is very listenable and a nice change. They added some new sounds that haven't been used previously. Manitoba has a nice chorus singing along with Frank.

        The live shows still rock so you'll still get that when the band comes around.

        Does everyone notice that the quality of the sound on this one is better than the last two?

        doesticks <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        I have acquired a promo copy of Show Me Your Tears and I have to say
        that I am disappointed. The last three albums have not been doing it
        for me. I love the 1998 - 1999 Catholics, the rocking, loud band.
        This Americana, honky-tonk trip Frank is on is wearing thin with me.
        Some of the songs sound like plodding limericks set to unimaginative
        blues changes.

        Sorry to say this. I hope my opinion changes with more listenings.

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT