- ... giving ... even ... Floop, there s an MP3 of Black Rider at home.arcor.de/eckholt/mamoellerMessage 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2002View Source
> maybe Frank covering Black Rider is kind of his answer to Tomgiving
> props? Black Rider is probably my newest favorite Frank song..even
> though i've only heard it live..Floop, there's an MP3 of Black Rider at
- ... Thanks J. unfortunately i m pretty low tech with my computer.. but i ll check that out on my girlfriend s computer.. speaking of the new albums.. i mMessage 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2002View Source
> Floop, there's an MP3 of Black Rider atThanks J. unfortunately i'm pretty low tech with my computer.. but
i'll check that out on my girlfriend's computer..
speaking of the new albums.. i'm kind of wondering about the
orchestra thing too, which he was quoted as saying he wanted to
include.. maybe he was refering to the NEXT album (after these two
alubms).. or maybe he's still planning to tinker with these? and
this pre-tour thing is just kind of experimental..
most of the new material i've heard sounds very flushed out to me
all i know is i hope he includes some of these previously unrecorded
songs (that i've finally gotten to hear!) like 21 Reasons and Pan
American Highway.. Pan Am Hwy makes me want to cry like the baby that
i am.. :)
i can't believe that i get to see Frank again this month.. life is
ps. got my pictures back of those first shows. unfortunately the
disposable camera isn't the greatest (i lost my Canon AE-1 and
wouldn't bring something that bulkey to a show anyway).. but some
came out pretty good. i'll send those this way when i get a chance..
- i ve always been curious if there s a connection between ... I was just reading today on officialtomwaits.com an interview about that sort of stuff. HeMessage 3 of 7 , Apr 4, 2002View Source" i've always been curious if there's a connection between
> Tom Waits' BONE MACHINE and the SURFER ROSA song.. "I was just reading today on officialtomwaits.com an interview about
that sort of stuff. He doesn't mention Pixies or anything, citing
the album's halloweeny death theme, instead. Like his "bone machine"
is us--our bodies. Of course, if he was subtlely nodding to THE MAN
I doubt he'd ever say something like, "Um . . . It's cause I like
Surfer Rosa." If anything, Waits' record has similar themes to
Doolittle, so maybe it's kind of that too. Oh he did say they came
up with the title "Bone Machine" and then worked on songs to go with
it, so maybe he had the Pixies song stuck in his head or something.
Incidentally, am I naive to ask what the Pixies' song is all about
(could it be male anatomy?)? Like the machinery is inside our
gonads, and every post-pubescent male knows it's pretty easy to get
that machinery started up. So the "bone" is you-know-what and it's
got a little machine . . . "tried to molest me in the parking lot."
So maybe the song is an upbeat "Reel Around the Fountain" (the
Perhaps Thomas has insight, considering his signature and all.
Anyway, Bone Machine (the album) is so my favorite Tom Waits and
definitely top seven of my all time faves. And anybody else excited
about Mr. Waits' TWO new albums coming out next month? A cheap place
to pre-order is HMV.com.
- ... Hard on Thomas Our love is rice and beans and horses lardMessage 4 of 7 , Apr 7, 2002View Source
> Perhaps Thomas has insight, considering his signature and all.
"Our love is rice and beans and horses lard"
- ... Your succinct answer had me rolling. Thanks.Message 5 of 7 , Apr 8, 2002View Source--- In frankblackforpresident@y..., bocswu <no_reply@y...> wrote:
>Your succinct answer had me rolling. Thanks.
> > Perhaps Thomas has insight, considering his signature and all.
> Hard on
> "Our love is rice and beans and horses lard"