about fpga-cpu: fpga-cpu@egroups.com becomes fpga-cpu@yahoogroups.com

  • Jan Gray
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2001
      Last year, for better or for worse, Yahoo! purchased eGroups. In the last
      day or so, Yahoo! has automatically folded most or all of the egroups
      mailing lists into the Yahoo! groups system.

      As far as I can tell, here are the essential differences.

      1. As you can see, your subscription remains in effect.

      2. The old addresses, {fpga-cpu, fpga-cpu-subscribe,
      fpga-cpu-unsubscribe}@egroups.com should continue to work, as will new
      addresses {fpga-cpu, fpga-cpu-subscribe,
      fpga-cpu-unsubscribe}@yahoogroups.com.

      3. Mail sent to the list will now have a return address of
      fpga-cpu@yahoogroups.com. You may have to update your 'inbox rules'.

      4. The same web interface to the list remains, except that visiting
      http://www.egroups.com/group/fpga-cpu will take you to
      etc. remain.

      5. For those of you who worked via an egroups account, you may need to
      convert that account into a Yahoo! account the next time you attempt to sign
      in to egroups/yahoogroups.

      For more information about the egroups to yahoogroups conversion, please
      visit
      http://groups.yahoo.com/local/news.html and follow the link to
      http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/info.

      Sorry for any inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any problems
      with the conversion.

      Jan Gray, Gray Research LLC