Re: I'm still working with fotonotes

  • joqel
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 7, 2006
      --- In fotonotes@yahoogroups.com, Greg Elin <greg@...> wrote:

      > Joqel,
      >
      > You know the annotation rectangle can be resized, right? Just checking.
      >
      > Greg

      Hi Greg,
      I know, I was just testing to post messages, so I didn't do any resize.

      A real example of my work with fotonotes can be seen here:

      http://deutschlern.net/fnclient.php?module=curs&action=fnSet&fn_itemId=0856e576d6d2bb450ebb2cb390c1b8cc
      login with demo/demo!

      works with version 0.50 annotations are stored in modified DB table. I
      added language Id because the application is thaught to be a
      foto-dictionary.- annotations will be translated to multiple languages
      and users can switch from one language to the other...

      Joachim
    • kiddo_mono
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 7, 2006
        Yes, pretty URLs are turned on. And it works.
        I'll test it some more when I get back from my holdiay...

        Thx again for the help!

        --- In fotonotes@yahoogroups.com, Greg Elin <greg@...> wrote:

        > Just glad to hear it works! BTW, do you have the pretty URLs turned
        > on in Zenphoto?
        > Is it working ok with the that.
        >
        > I should also put out some instructions on how to protect your
        > annotations. There
        > is a basic global password architecture in place that you can set in
        > the fn_config.php file.
        >
        > Greg

      • Greg Elin
        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 9, 2006
          Joachim,

          This is pretty interesting stuff. I was able to see an annotated
          image here:

          <http://deutschlern.net/fnclient.php?
          module=curs&action=fnSet&fn_itemId=aa21d1dd86b1750ee1d8e2916f5e6644>

          But I couldn't figure out how to change languages. Does that feature
          exist?

          Can you say more about the foto-dictionary idea? Are you thinking,
          like, a visual dictionary of things using photos and annotations?
          That could be very cool...

          (It's really exciting to see stuff like this!)

          Greg

          On Jul 7, 2006, at 2:32 AM, joqel wrote:

          > --- In fotonotes@yahoogroups.com, Greg Elin <greg@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Joqel,
          >>
          >> You know the annotation rectangle can be resized, right? Just
          >> checking.
          >>
          >> Greg
          >>

          > Hi Greg,
          > I know, I was just testing to post messages, so I didn't do any
          > resize.
          >
          > A real example of my work with fotonotes can be seen here:
          >
          > http://deutschlern.net/fnclient.php?
          > module=curs&action=fnSet&fn_itemId=0856e576d6d2bb450ebb2cb390c1b8cc
          > login with demo/demo!
          >
          > works with version 0.50 annotations are stored in modified DB table. I
          > added language Id because the application is thaught to be a
          > foto-dictionary.- annotations will be translated to multiple languages
          > and users can switch from one language to the other...
          >
          > Joachim
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Joachim Quandt
          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 9, 2006

            But I couldn't figure out how to change languages. Does that feature
            exist?

            No. I prepared the ability to show translations in the backend. Functions to save and retrieve annotations are already changed to work with an additional language id (passed by session variable)- Interface to translate existing annotations to another language is also prepared. After my vacations I'll finish the first multi-language prototypes.I'll post you a link when there is something visible.

            Can you say more about the foto-dictionary idea? Are you thinking,
            like, a visual dictionary of things using photos and annotations?

            That's it. There will be thematic fotosets with fotos and annotations.I'll add some search-function. Another idea (I saw in your code you also thought about it) is to crop annotated areas...
            I'll keep you informed.

            (It's really exciting to see stuff like this!)

            It's exiting to find apps like fotonotes to work with!  Thank  you for your work-

            Joachim

            On Jul 7, 2006, at 2:32 AM, joqel wrote:

            > --- In fotonotes@yahoogroups.com, Greg Elin <greg@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Joqel,
            >>
            >> You know the annotation rectangle can be resized, right? Just
            >> checking.
            >>
            >> Greg
            >>

            > Hi Greg,
            > I know, I was just testing to post messages, so I didn't do any
            > resize.
            >
            > A real example of my work with fotonotes can be seen here:
            >
            > http://deutschlern.net/fnclient.php?
            > module=curs&action=fnSet&fn_itemId=0856e576d6d2bb450ebb2cb390c1b8cc
            > login with demo/demo!
            >
            > works with version 0.50 annotations are stored in modified DB table. I
            > added language Id because the application is thaught to be a
            > foto-dictionary.- annotations will be translated to multiple languages
            > and users can switch from one language to the other...
            >
            > Joachim
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            Great things are happening at Yahoo! Groups.  See the new email design.
            http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/1U_rlB/TM

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/