LB featured in a news article on NewsForge

  • Vinay Y S
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2004
      | Linux Bangalore featured on NewsForge |
      | from the copying-slashdot dept. |
      | posted by Vinay on Saturday January 03, @17:34 (news) |

      LB is featured in a news article on NewsForge [0]. The original article
      is at Express Computer Online [1].

      Frederick Noronha writes:
      Some 96 talks went into this year’s brew. “We had around 1,500
      participants. It was difficult to count. But going by the meals eaten,
      the total number of delegates, speakers and exhibits exceeded that
      figure,” LB2003 event coordinator Kartik N told Linux Magazine here.

      “One shortcoming, if you could call it that, was that there were too
      many talks,” said Mahendra, a former coordinator of this event. Atul
      Chitnis, a high-profile Open Source business-evangelist here, was smug:
      “96 talks (over three days). I’ve been told that’s some kind of a world
      record. At any point of time, every hall (of the five halls, with
      seating capacity of 60 to 750 seats each) has some or the other talk
      going on.”

      Links:
      [0] http://newsvac.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=04/01/02/1625231
      [1] http://www.expresscomputeronline.com/20040105/indiacomputes01.shtml