Re: BLUG Meet: November 2003 - CANCELLED

  • Kartik N
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 28, 2003
      --- In linux-bangalore-non-tech@yahoogroups.com, Kartik N
      <kartikn79@s...> wrote:
      Hello All,

      > In all the excitement of LB/2003, let us not forget our monthly BLUG
      > meet! This month we have 2 meets.

      Well, I guess everyone forgot (including me!)

      > 1) The LB/2003 volunteer meet on the 21st of November (Friday).

      This was over last week. Can someone post the minutes of the meet
      (Prady ??)

      > 2) The regular BLUG meet on the 28th of November (Friday).
      >

      > However, for the BLUG meet, we need to pick a topic and get speakers. So
      > put on your thinking caps and suggest topics for this meet (on the BLUG
      > non-tech list please!).

      Well, since we do not have a topic or speakers, and we have the mega
      BLUG meet in 7 days from tomorrow, tomorrow's meet is cancelled (read
      postponed and merged!).

      Kartik N
    • Venkatachalapathi
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 28, 2003
        Really I am frustrated like hacking the kernal code so as to register as
        delegate. Always I am getting the invalid code. What is the 30th char.
        magic. I am faild in a way you wish to type the url. 3 times registered
        with different mail id still I am not able to... Although no body is going
        to get bother about it but still I am missing a lot ... with time..
        patience...

        GVPathi

      • anil_mahadev001
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 29, 2003
          Dear Venkatachalapathi ,

          I must say, thats what keeps all of us from being , shall we say ,
          start early :D.
          And remember

          " <<Patience is a Virtue>> :D "
          Im sure u will succeed :).

          All the best

          Anil Mahadev ;)
          LB 2003 Delegate
        • Manish Jethani
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 29, 2003
            Venkatachalapathi wrote:
            > Really I am frustrated like hacking the kernal code so as to register as
            > delegate. Always I am getting the invalid code. What is the 30th char.

            The valid code is on your 500 rupee note. Bring it along on the 2nd.

            Manish

            --
            http://mannu.livejournal.com/
          • Online -- Goa
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 30, 2003
              At 09:44 AM 29/11/2003 +0530, Venkatachalapathi wrote:

              >Really I am frustrated like hacking the kernal code so as to register as
              >delegate. Always I am getting the invalid code. What is the 30th char.
              >magic. I am faild in a way you wish to type the url. 3 times registered
              >with different mail id still I am not able to... Although no body is going
              >to get bother about it but still I am missing a lot ... with time..
              >patience...

              We had a frustrating time too... only to discover that the "smart-alec" (It
              kept telling us "Nice try !!!) registration system does not like Goan names
              like "Jony D'Costa". Finally it dawned on us to try and mangle the name and
              enter it without the apostrophe.

              The error message could have been more helpful if only it told us the field
              on which it was hiccuping. We also tried various combinations in the
              email-id and the phone no fields, before finally making it through by
              mangling the delegates name... hope it will not be held against him ;)

              Regards,

              Arvind Yadav
              Online -- Goa.

              Online Productivity Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
              G - 3 Vetal Prasad Niwas, Alto Porvorim,
              Porvorim, Bardez, Goa, 403 521 -- India.
              Phone: +91-832-2415460, 2415461. Mobile: +91-9422-064064.
              Fax: +91-832-2415461 (TeleFAX - Call before)
              Email: support@..., solutions@...
              WebSite: http://www.opspl.com
            • Devdas Bhagat
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 30, 2003
                On 30/11/03 22:45 +0530, Online -- Goa wrote:
                > We had a frustrating time too... only to discover that the "smart-alec" (It
                > kept telling us "Nice try !!!) registration system does not like Goan names
                > like "Jony D'Costa". Finally it dawned on us to try and mangle the name and
                > enter it without the apostrophe.
                Someone forgot about magic quotes in PHP? Though I personally prefer the
                Perl DBI->quote() function and even more the $sth->bind_param() function
                which do the right thing automatically.

                Devdas Bhagat
              • Kenneth Gonsalves
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 30, 2003
                  On Sunday 30 November 2003 23:07, you wrote:
                  > On 30/11/03 22:45 +0530, Online -- Goa wrote:
                  > > We had a frustrating time too... only to discover that the "smart-alec"
                  > > (It kept telling us "Nice try !!!) registration system does not like Goan
                  > > names like "Jony D'Costa". Finally it dawned on us to try and mangle the
                  > > name and enter it without the apostrophe.
                  >
                  > Someone forgot about magic quotes in PHP? Though I personally prefer the
                  > Perl DBI->quote() function and even more the $sth->bind_param() function
                  > which do the right thing automatically.
                  btw, i noticed a '.pl' script in the 'contact us' page - how did it sneak
                  into a php site?
                  --
                  regards
                  kg